[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - DIFFERENCES BETWEEN CFS/ME/FIBRO

DIFFERENCES BETWEEN CFS/ME/FIBRO

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: DIFFERENCES BETWEEN CFS/ME/FIBRO

Postby MiaS » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:32 pm

MiaS
UKFM Member

Postby sastek » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:39 am

I was finally getting round to reading this but the link does not work anymore.

:fingerscrossed: someone has a working link
sastek
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:15 am

Will look into it sastek and try to find the page again
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:51 am

The link should work now. :D
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:05 pm

Just tried it and linky is working fine shaz :clap: :clap: :clap:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:27 pm

fine when I tried too Shaz :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby sastek » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:04 am

Working now, thanks :mrgreen:
sastek
UKFM Member

Postby Baby-Hedgehog » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:54 pm

very interesting that they state that low-grade fever is a normal part of ME/CFS - I was diagnosed with Fibro 10 years ago, but have assumed (and been told by my many ME suffering friends) that I have had ME for 24 years (after a very bad dose of Glandular Fever) - but my doctor would never diagnose ME (so I plodded on - suffering in (almost) silence - luckily my symptoms very not too severe and I could still cope with working).

When - 4 years ago - my son was diagnosed with ME and sent to the paediatric consultant, he told me that my constant raised temperature could not be Fibro (but never said anything about it being ME) - we were talking about family history at the time (I assumed that my son had Fibro, from the pains he was having).......

I've mentioned the temperature to both rheumatologists and doctors alike, and no one's picked up on it possibly being ME!!!
Baby-Hedgehog
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:55 pm

Maybe you need to mention it and see if the lights go on in their heads :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Baby-Hedgehog » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:45 pm

You can always hope, hey Denys :lol:
Baby-Hedgehog
UKFM Member

Postby tessey » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:37 pm

:-? hi all i'm 40 next month and having a bad flair up at mo some days legs don't want to work and lots of pain in legs, hips,back & hands :( doc's said last jan i've got fibro after telling me i'd got A S which took 12yrs to diagnose , i've had so many different pill & jab but nothing seems to work :( at mo i'm on gabapentin 800mg 3x aday & paracetamol ....i feel like :bricks: :sleep: :-? :( all of the time at mo...... thanks for listening to me rant :-D
tessey
UKFM Newbie

Postby Deemamma » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:32 am

I have both, i was diagnosed with ME/CFS as they now call it since the age of 18, i am now 37. I have relapsed time after time, but with having it for so long now, i am becoming aquainted with the signs of when my body is shutting down on me. My family understand that my body needs to rest, and rest i do, i now call it human hibernation, with bottle of water at the side of my bed. Now that i have fibromyalgia i find that because there are similiar Symptons, I become exhausted alot quicker, my muscles ache twice as much, its almost as if i have teabags for muscles, releasing energy too quickly leaving me with very little to use over the days to come. Its as if i'm falling behind on myself, playing catch-up but just never getting there... Hope this makes sense...x
Deemamma
UKFM Newbie

Postby Cariad84 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:50 am

Hi I have just been diagnosed this last month with Fibro and CFS, I have been ill on and off for as long as I can remember, backwards and forwards to the doctors and always told it was growing pains, a strain I had pulled something, deppression, IBS, Anemia, migraines, exaughstion, ankylosing spondylitis etc the list is huge I have had so many blood tests, urine tests, x-rays, scans etc but they could never pin point what the problem was. I had to go to my GP in the end with a print out of the symptoms of Fibro highlighting everything which I have been experiencing for years which was all of it, tell him about the points that I suffer pain in and tell him that I need answers that I am 28 I should not be feeling and physically acting like my husbands 86 year old nan, my GP has happily been signing me as unfit to work for the last year but was in no hurry to try to find a reason for all my problems.... This worked, he agreed with me finally and said he still felt the diagnosis of CFS stands also, I am awaiting a referal to pain management, he upped my Serterline and is keeping me on dicloflex and mobeverline. It is interesting looking at some of the posts on here I too had a lot of trouble with growing pains and a bad back when I was growing up. I also had had some symptoms before but things really got a lot worse after I had my son by emergency C-section 2.5 years ago, I managed to get over it to a certain extent and put my tiredness down to having two young children. Then we move out of the farm as the stress of sharing the house with my mother in law who is OCD about cleaning when I just couldn't cope and other issues was to much, I started a new job in an insurance office working 40hrs a week, juggling the kids and the farm, my husband is a self employed agri contractor also so he isn't around too much, I started to go down hill again, no matter how much rest I had I was exaughsted, my mood swings were terrible, my cognative function became awful, it would take me hours to do simple things like file at work, my boss would ask me about something from earlier in the week and I would hae no clue, then the pain in my back and neck and arms came back an the weakness and numbness came back into my arms and legs. My work collegues started treating me like I was an idiot and I couldn't cope, I was exaughsted by the time I got to work, all I had done was get me and the kids ready and to school, nursery and work, other people coped and were fine, I could barely talk, was red, dizzy confused and in pain and just wanted to sleep. My contract has now ended, I am worse, I seem to have less and less good days lately. I am having to be helped out of bed and my husband has to help bath me on very bad days, I hate the fact that this has changed our relationship, he says its fine and that he still loves me the same but I am still struggling to believe how my body can be so strange. I am suffering from really bad sensory overload, I have been told not to drive and its all just a bit much at the moment, I feel like Im going mad no one round here understands, they just think I am lazy and putting it on.
Cariad84
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:49 pm

all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby perseus » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:04 pm

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

PreviousNext

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia