Vibration Plates

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Vibration Plates

Postby Schnoodle » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:20 pm

Hi,

has anyone tried/used one of these?

I have just been my usual spontaneous self and bought one from next! :? :?: :roll:

I need to try and tone up a little and im hoping the gentle excercise will help a little with the pain too.
Diagnosed with severe fibromyalgia/cfs febuary 2009.
Schnoodle
UKFM Member

Re: Vibration Plates

Postby Adele » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:06 pm

personally that is the worst thing i could do to my body. my muscles would just go into spasm instantly. i hope it works for you :goodluck1:
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby Schnoodle » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:21 pm

see that is my worry but i guess i just have to try. i figure i could always sell it if it diesnt work. i could try one in a salon but its so expensive and just getting there would leave me unable to use it xx
Schnoodle
UKFM Member

Vibration Plates

Postby Caz1980 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:12 pm

I have one that I sit on. It hurts the first five mins then the muscles start to relax and it actually helps lessen pain for an hour after. Trick is to not stay on more than 15 mins xx
Caz1980
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:19 pm

:goodluck1: Schnoodle :fingerscrossed: you get some benefit from it :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:27 pm

Hi
I had a one but when i got off it my legs felt like jelly and i just feel on the floor and where it shook my body up it triggered a migraine.
I tried it a number of times but my body just could not cope with it, i even tried just sitting on it but still got migraines.

Its a shame as its a great way to tone up. :goodluck1: i hope it works for you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Kuljit » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:26 pm

:goodluck2: Would love to know how you get on as have thought about getting one too, especially as I can no longer do my long walks.
Kuljit
UKFM Member

Postby Nellyphant » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:51 am

Good luck with it and keep us updated!
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby Schnoodle » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:24 am

Hi all, just an update really, I have had my vibro plate for a few days, and my god it must be doing something as I feel like I have run the marathon twice, swam 100 lengths and done a million mile long bike ride- on top of all the fibre symptoms! I'm going to take my dog out if I make it to the woods and come back to bed.

Ouch.

I'm going to see how u go with it and if I'm still like this I'm going to sell it. I dont think it helps that this one has nobly bits on the plate you stand on so that hurts my feet to begin with. I'm going to put a towel over it and see if yhat helps

Xx
Schnoodle
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:27 am

Well at least you answered your own question Schnoodle and in doing so have helped others who might have been toying with the idea of trying one :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Schnoodle » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:31 pm

thanks denys i feel like a bit of an idiot for buying one but i guess i just wanted to do something positive to try and help with the pain etc.

oh well.

x
Schnoodle
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:24 pm

Dont feel daft it just goes to show that we will try anything to ease the pain :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:09 pm

good for you for trying :clap: :clap:
we are all different and what works for one dose not work
for another :yikes:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Schnoodle » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:06 am

Thanks Denys and loubie x
Schnoodle
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:40 am

Schnoodle, there's no need for you to feel at all :oops: :oops: about the vibration plate. You've tried something that might have made a difference to how you feel. Like everything to do with FM, it's a case of trial error to try and find something that makes a difference to how we feel. There's nothing wrong with it not working out as well as you wanted and hoped for. If you didn't try it then you would have been wondering about it :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia