Vibration Plates

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Vibration Plates

Postby shazq » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:40 pm

I was the same, bought it thinking i would only have to stand on the thing, how hard is that, the machine does all the work for you...... :facepalm: :facepalm: Oh boy i did not think about how much it shook your body, i ended up feeling worse after than i did before :lol: :lol: plus migraines. :roll: but like you i gave it a go.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby prawnie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi,
I've been looking into getting one, I am a little put off by what I have read from Fibro sufferers but am still going to give it a go. The health benefits seem amazing wether my body will tolerate it is another thing...trial and error I guess. Ive been reading you have to start at a really low power level and not over do it. Hope you managed to stick with it and have been helped?
:-)
xx
prawnie
UKFM Newbie

Postby KarenShoo » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:51 pm

I've bought a vibration plate (second hand) recently and I just wanted to say to anyone considering it or that hasn't got on with it well, that I think it's best to start off (and possibly continue) really gently. The machine I have has many settings (I think most do) and because all you do is stand on it, you can be tempted to think "this can't be doing much" and turn it up a few levels and also to use it for more minutes. I started off on level 3 which is pretty low for just 4 minutes and within a couple of days thought I'd try a mix of levels (up to 16) for 10 minutes. I felt achey soon after! So ... I went back to the low levels again and was doing this for a couple of weeks, and I have to say was feeling much much better. So honestly, I think that it is key to keep it on a low level and only do it for a few minutes ... that is my suggestion and I also read a review elsewhere by someone else with Fibromyalgia saying the same thing. I was feeling surprisingly good on this low level - much less pain (and less pmt) - and was experiencing an improved outlook too as funnily enough life with less pain is better! ... I did not necessarily attribute this entirely to the machine as I started taking Vit B12 too and thought this was perhaps the miracle worker (I have had pain every day for about 10 years so to have this much less pain felt like a miracle!) but then for some silly reason last week I forgot to go on my vibration plate (doh!) and after forgetting for a few days, I have been feeling all the aches again. So, for me I think it really was helping. I started back on it again yesterday ... I hope someone finds this useful.
KarenShoo
UKFM Newbie

Postby Katie_123 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi schnodle.

I have tried vibration plates and I know it seems random but I think it depends what make they are. Last year I tried to exercise and use them to tone up. A salon near me uses the 'ifit' make and I found them brilliant. However I have also tried the original 'power plate' and even on the lowest setting they are way to powerful for me and I can't start them. I enjoyed the ifit tho and felt better for it. I lost half a stone. However the rubbish thing is I've put it back on now! Nightmare!:(

Good luck:) have fun xxx
Katie_123
UKFM Member

Postby Mrsscowie » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:42 pm

I realise that the original posts here were some time ago but i just wanted to let you know that i have found it to be a bit helpful to the pain in my feet n legs. I used the XFit and started off on level 2 for 10 mins. Much shoogling later and some pins n needles, i actually feel that it is helping my aches. Not as painful at night as they usually would. Fingers crossed it keeps improving. Also hoping for a side-effect of some weight loss.
Mrsscowie
UKFM Newbie

Postby TATT » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:59 pm

I have a My3 small power plate. During the winter when I am mostly in a flare I only use it as a massager. It's great for the aches in my legs and buttocks and back.

More recently been feeling better so now use it 2/3 a week and after two or is it three years housebound I am now getting my muscle tone back. My muscle waiting was getting bad. This machine taken very slowly on a gradual pace has lifted my confidence and is a great way to tone up and make my body stronger.

I got it on HP for £40 a month over three years and I am very pleased with it.

Tatt
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby LuluAnne » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:34 pm

I have been using a Vibration Plate for awhile. I find that for me it helps relax me and also gives me energy. I have not been faithful in using it as I sometimes feel overwhelmed with all the pills and treatments to try and find relief.
LuluAnne
UKFM Member

Postby Lindat9483 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:02 pm

Hi I'm new to this forum , having recently being diagnosed I too have tried a vibration plate and find it helps with stiffness , although some days when the pain is too bad I do give it a miss .
Lindat9483
UKFM Newbie

Postby Sindee7 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:08 pm

Ah ha???

I have been walking my 2 yorkies tied to the handlebars of a mobility scooter. (My Granny Basher I call it.)

I have been getting off it and almost doubled over with hip and back pain, legs all wobbly.

After reading this realise that my granny Basher actually is a moving vibration plate, no wonder ??? I am new to the forum but think I need to read absolutely everything before I have anymore bright ideas. :nono:
Sindee7
UKFM Newbie

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia