[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Ideas for a painting

Ideas for a painting

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Ideas for a painting

Postby McVinster » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:26 pm

I'm struggling at the minute with what to put in a painting.

It's for my best friend who's pregnant and due in September. I don't have much money as I'm out of work at the moment (thank-you Fibro :evil: ) so I decided to make her something for her son. It's also a super secret surprise.

At the moment my idea is to make a painting with his name on it (so it's a properly personal gift she couldn't get from anyone buying something).

I have 2 ideas for designs. 1: Thomas the Tank Engine with the boy's name below it
or 2. His name in big, bold letters with a nice blue background and some typical boy things like cars and footballs and trains and things.

BUT I'm not very good at drawing so at the minute the Thomas idea is winning because I can do that nicely and with a ruler lol.

I'd be grateful if anyone could come up with any other ideas or give me some feedback on my ideas, pleeease?

"Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so." - Douglas Adams
McVinster
UKFM Member

Re: Ideas for a painting

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:39 pm

Thomas The Tank Engine is always a winner for boys and never seems to fall out of favour. Just like Winnie The Pooh :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

What you're doing sounds like a very special and personal gift for the new arrival :grouphug: :blowkiss:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:53 am

I agree with Flup sounds like a super present and Thomas is always appreciated :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby McVinster » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:05 pm

My friend, her mum and me have already agreed that the little man should be surrounded by Thomas and other good old things, rather than some of these modern little kid's shows that are just plain freaky.

It may just be me because I studied Child Language Acquisition in college, but I do believe kids should be surrounded in proper words, spoken to in plain English even when they're tiny because they understand more than they can communicate.

Went a bit deep-thinking there, but Thomas is awesome and I remember mine and my older brother's collection of Thomas things, shelves full of videos, books and jigsaws. I also remember sitting down with a friend's little boy and looking after him while we watched Thomas and his mum made dinner. It was later that day he said one of his first words "toma" and all 3 of us in the house squealed with joy.

"Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so." - Douglas Adams
McVinster
UKFM Member

Return to Craft