[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Card Making anyone?!

Card Making anyone?!

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Card Making anyone?!

Postby summers72 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:23 am

Hi just wondered if there's any card makers or scrapbookers on here? Im new to this site, so if anyon would like to chat, drop me a line :-)
Dani :-)
summers72
UKFM Newbie

Re: Card Making anyone?!

Postby sue e » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:34 am

Hi Dani,

I 'try' to make cards and do scrapbooking but I don't have a lot of time and I'm not very good. I'm doing a scrapbook of my family and also one of my granddaughter, right from the beginning, starting with pics of the scans. :D

Sue
sue e
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:39 pm

There are some cardmakers on here, if you have a look in this Craft section, then you'll see some of the cards that have been made.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:45 pm

I'm a cardmaker :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:41 pm

Me too i make cards for childrens charity when i am able.
fi
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby nutty1 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:26 pm

:wave: i have been gardenergrown veg,plants etc,but not able anymore .been a knitter ,sewer but not poss anymore :( my physicologist suggested card making :shock: not done that one can someone suggest what i need to start me off . :oops: :yikes: the idea being i can sit and relax :lol: is there a kit or something .
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby HazelB » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:09 pm

i love to make cards :)

nutty1 (love the name btw) ...there is a magazine you can buy which contains everything you need to make some of the cards featured. I think its called Lets Make Cards (but not 100% sure on that) ... and cost £7.99. It can be a less expensive way to start out than going out & buying all the stuff you need individually.

I;ve been buying it to make cards to sell at the Christmas craft fair our FM support group is hosting in November, to raise funds for the group.
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby nutty1 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:06 pm

thanxs for reply hael.do i need order it or do you get it from newsagents or craft shop :? sorry if stupid question but its completely out of my league :oops: :crazy: oops missed z out of your name .now you know why i`m nutty 1 :facepalm: :chicken-dance:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:30 am

Hi Nutty you can but it from your newsagents, Asda and Tesco sell it too, there are loads of kits you can get, Hobbycraft or if you have a local craft shop in your area can help too.

Some local craft shops run classes which might be fun, my friend started me off and I have quite a big stash now and really enjoy it when I'm in the mood to concentrate :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: if you have sky tv channel 671 create and craft do loads of stuff and show you how to create some beautiful cards :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: have fun :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby nutty1 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:26 pm

:wave: denys,thanks for info must make effort to look :wave: .going nuts :lol: not having something occupy me .my grandaughter has fun bits .but have to do things her way :crazy: only 2 but nana puts them in wrong place :yikes: :dunno: :lol: i get this without language :swear1: :facepalm:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:55 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: they are a joy arent they :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: docrafts is a good place as well just put it into google :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Tora » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:25 pm

Hello to you all. I am a newbie to the website. I got into card making after having to give up work coz of Fibro 3 years ago. Luckily I have a spare room to keep my ever growing stash of paper and stuff in. I like trying out different techniques like tea bag folding and embossing. My favorite is embroidery on paper, but I can't do that very often as it makes my hands cramp. :( . Am off on holiday to Wales tomorrow so hopefully will pick up some more crafting goodies. :D. Tora
Tora
UKFM Newbie

Postby nutty1 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:09 pm

:wave: got the pack you girls told me about :woot: :woot: thankyou .next quesion ,gonna drive you all nuts :shock: what kind of glue or sticky tape is best :? any advice ,help gratefully receieved of things you think i might need ..soo excited want to get cracking :chicken-dance: :lol:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:50 pm

:goodluck2: nutty. :clap: :clap: :clap:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby nutty1 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:09 pm

thanxs shaz ,bought another mag papercraft ,but have no energy at mo :crazy: or brain power
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Craft