[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - COUNTED CROSS STITCH

COUNTED CROSS STITCH

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

COUNTED CROSS STITCH

Postby BURMESECATSLAVE » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:56 am

Good morning all....I'm weedling my way as I joined the forum last week.

For my sins, I do counted cross stitch....the more complicated the pattern the better. I've been doing this for years and being virtually stuck at home, it helps to pass the time away.

My current project is of Marble Head Lighthouse...it' s a six page pattern. As my eyesight is one of the few things that are working reasonably well, with this one I decided to do it on 18 count aida....I normally use 14 count or more. The benefit I find with having FM and OS is that there's less weight in your hand...the material is much smaller and I can use a smaller hoop. It's still quite a challenge though.

The major problem I find with doing cross stitch is not caused by my health problems...but by the unwanted attentions of either one or both of our 2 beloved Burmese cats. They are past misstresses of craftily pulling the threads out of the needle with a well honed claw as the needle passes underneath the hoop, picking a skein of thread out of my collection and running away with it before kicking 40 shades of you know what out of it..and Silky, the naughty blue tortie, tries to pick up and use any pair of scissors she comes across.

However, it does give me great pleasure doing the work, and even when my fingers and wrists are painful, I can manage with it.

I hope to post a picture of the project later when I'm more used to the forum.
BURMESECATSLAVE
UKFM Newbie

Re: COUNTED CROSS STITCH

Postby denys » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:58 am

Love to see your work it sounds fantastic, pets can be hilarious bet unknotting the threads isnt fun though :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:42 pm

It would be nice to see what you've been working on, it sounds stunning :!: :!: As for the cats :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby McVinster » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:46 am

I've been a fan of cross stitch for a while but never get around to doing much of it.

I think it's because I picked a too-complicated pattern for the one I last picked up, and I ended up starting wrong and the whole thing went doo-lally. I'd love to start again on it, any ideas where to pick up some kits for not too much?

"Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so." - Douglas Adams
McVinster
UKFM Member

Postby pixiecat » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:55 pm

hi

Have you tried the cross stich magazines, they sometimes have little projects on the cover as a free bee
or try this web site http://www.cross-stitching.com/ it has online projects some of them quite small to
get you going
the magazine ones are the ones that got me started but havent done any for a while, trying to get a
summer jumper done, prob will be finished for next summer the way I'm going.
Lorraine
pixiecat

Postby McVinster » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:19 pm

I just had a look at the prices online and I was a bit put off heehee.

I think I'll get my dad to give me a lift to The Range when I go and see them next week, they have had some lovely DMC Cross Stitch kits in before and really cheap too.

That of I might treat myself to a Paint By Numbers and really chill out on my break :D

"Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so." - Douglas Adams
McVinster
UKFM Member

Postby ribbons » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:41 pm

Hi would love to see some pictures. I do x stitch but haven't really done any since June when my neck/shoulder problems started. If anyone knows how to insert pictures that would be great.
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby Jan42 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:16 am

I would love to see your work. I haven't done xstitch for years but I can imagine the fun you must have with the kitties :cat2: cat2:
If they're anything like ours I bet you spend more time trying to regain possession of your threads than actually stitching :lol:
I took up painting again last year & my daughter talked me into allowing her a kitty in the home :facepalm:
She spends hours trying to catch my paintbrushes as they move over my canvas! A real mischief :lol:
:hugs:
Jan x
try to have a smile on my face even if I'm not smiling on the inside
Jan42
UKFM Member

Postby ribbons » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:07 pm

not sure if this will work or not.. Yay it does!!!
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby Jan42 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:39 pm

I wish my bbrry had a better pixel, I can't zoom in properly & my computer is down atm :(
But that looks lovely from what I can see Ribbons :D
Jan42
UKFM Member

Postby ribbons » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:43 pm

hope you get your computer back up and working x
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby Jan42 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:55 pm

Me too....I just need to find a 'spare' £50 on my money tree to get it fixed :facepalm: :roll:
I think I would have more luck writing to santa this year
:lol: :crazy: :lol:
I live in hope :lol: x
Jan42
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:18 pm

:welldone: ribbons :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby clsmbenn » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:24 pm

i love x stitching and been doing it for years.

i have a few on the go, but my hands are too swollen to hold the needle :scream-1:

i find getting charts is best then u can buy the thread and aida really cheap.

i go to whitchykitty is a good place and xstitch heaven is cheap for aida and threads.

if you prefer kits ebay and amazon are great and cheap.

happy xstitching ppl. :bear-dancing:
clsmbenn
UKFM Member

Postby jacky » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:47 pm

sometimes i think if i didnt have cross stitch i would go totaly mad ... i try and do a wee bit every day [/size][/color] I would love to use you what i just got framed before xmas and what i,m working on .. my biggest one yet and I,m loving it but dont know how to add a photo in here !!
jacky
UKFM Newbie

Next

Return to Craft