[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Laughter Lines Poems and Rhymes

Laughter Lines Poems and Rhymes

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Laughter Lines Poems and Rhymes

Postby traceywatson » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:08 pm

Hi everyone. I have been doing rhymes for about a year now and here is an example of one that I did for my husband on Valentines Day:

I thought I'd do a rhyme for you on this Valentines Day
It saves me from buying a card that gets recycled anyway
To say how much I love you, words are not enough
Although it's not a sloppy rhyme full of slushy stuff

Instead I'll tell you all about what gets on my wick
Like the way you turn your head to give your nose a pick
And fingernails in the car lying on the floor
Studying your country maps that really is a bore

Jumping in your sleep and twitching all about
Nicking all the covers so I am left with nowt
Driving like a pensioner, your head just above the wheel
And if we want to have a kiss I to crouch or kneel

Driving round the car park trying to find a space
Taking you out shopping with "that look" upon your face
The effects of just a couple of beers go straight to your head
And worrying about our cash being in the red

But I wouldn't change you, not for a million years
I couldn't live without you, the thought reduces me to tears
So I've laid out all your clothes for you to wear tonight
As sometimes outfits you put on can give me quite a fright!
traceywatson
UKFM Member

Re: Laughter Lines Poems and Rhymes

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:16 pm

That is absolutely brilliant Tracey :clap: :clap: :clap: And could also describe a far bit about my pain in the bum, long suffering knight on a white charger who puts up with so much from me :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

I hope your hubby thought it was as good as I do :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :penguin: :penguin: :grouphug: :grouphug: :hugs: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:50 pm

Brilliant its fantastic :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby nutty1 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:11 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: really good :clap: :clap:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Return to Craft