[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - My girl is 21 today!

My girl is 21 today!

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My girl is 21 today!

Postby Amberwillow » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:57 pm

So I made her a cushion..

She loved it x

The back is purple flowery material, the front is cream linen, with added patches of crowns, keys and her name.. plus a photo of her when she was about 3. I sewed on an old vintage earring and the quote under the crown reads:

"Our Precious Girl - Whatever she has chosen to do and whoever she has chosen to become, we are proud simply because she holds the key to our hearts forever".

“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.”—Thomas Merton
Amberwillow
UKFM Member

Re: My girl is 21 today!

Postby loubie » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:13 pm

aw its absolutely beautiful
any girl would love a pressy like that :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
and made with all the love you have for her.

happy birthday birthday girl :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Amberwillow » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:19 pm

Thank you Loubie - she's had the most brilliant day too! She suffers with a chronic illness and today, buoyed along by the presents, the fuss and excitement, she's looked happier and healthier than I've seen in months. Kids - they just burrow into your heart, dont' they?!?! I'm so proud of her. :hugs:
“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.”—Thomas Merton
Amberwillow
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:51 pm

That cushion is absolutely gorgeous :blowkiss: :blowkiss: Pretty and girlie and a wonderful way to let her know how much she means to you :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Glad she's had a lovely :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Ldyalb » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:12 am

Aww that's beautiful, love the earring, and the photo :)

Reminds me a little of a quilt my mother made me as a child for her Textile teacher training course. It has my name and date of birth all in beautiful Welsh (my Mum is Welsh, as is my name) enclosed in a heart at the centre, with patterns of her design around it. I've always loved it (still not allowed to use it though :tongueout: )

She's going to treasure that cushion forever :D
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:12 am

Absolutely beautiful, just like the picture of your daughter :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:00 pm

Thats lovely. :clap: :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Amberwillow » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:27 pm

Thanks everyone.. I'm pleased with it. Might make some more at some point :)
Amberwillow
UKFM Member

Postby Jan42 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:20 am

Simply beautiful, just like your daughter.
Belated birthday wishes :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :wine: :wine: :wine: :cake: :cake: :cake:
:hugs:
try to have a smile on my face even if I'm not smiling on the inside
Jan42
UKFM Member

Return to Craft