[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - I am a Quilter

I am a Quilter

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I am a Quilter

Postby sallybramald » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:21 pm

Just wondered if there are any others on this board. I blog about my work, though lately life and Fibro has got in the way........
Attachments
P8170029 (Large).JPG
A later one
P8170029 (Large).JPG (66.42 KiB) Viewed 7841 times
Picture 004 (Large).gif
One of my early works
Picture 004 (Large).gif (395.42 KiB) Viewed 7841 times
sallybramald
UKFM Newbie

Re: I am a Quilter

Postby denys » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:48 pm

Beautiful work, I dont quilt but am very envious of your talent :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby sallybramald » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:01 pm

Thank you!
sallybramald
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:25 pm

They are amazing Sally, the top one looks so delicate :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ribbons » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:37 pm

I cross stitch and make cards. I'm do like the idea of quilting but struggling to cope with what i can do. Yours are lovely tho x
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:44 pm

Lovely quilt work. :-D :welldone: :clap: :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Hedds » Sat May 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Your quilts are georgeous, I also quilt burt the fibro is getting in the way at the moment. Have not quilted for a while.
Just about to make bunting for the jubilee and my daugthers room. :-P
Hedds
UKFM Newbie

Postby loubie » Sun May 20, 2012 8:13 pm

wow!
:welldone: they are beautiful :welldone:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Andrew_Z » Wed May 23, 2012 5:11 pm

My goodness, that's absolutely delightful, and such a perfect choice of colour and design. I have done some embroidery (yes, I'm a man) so I can appreciate your careful sewing. To me, working with fabrics and threads is like crafting with rainbows, every bit as much as painting a picture :-)
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Postby susie`s » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:43 pm

:-D :penguin: Gosh ! thats lovely , well done . I`ve wondered if i might have a go one day . I have an old sewing machine that i`ve not used for a long time , maybe i`ll have a go on a good day when my hands are working , although it won`t be as good as yours , you clearly have a talent . Thanks for the inspiration and ideas . x
susie`s
UKFM Newbie

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:41 pm

Wow the quilts are amazing, I have always wanted to try quilting but am not that great at any fine craft work.

Both quilts are beautiful pieces of art in thier own right , but there is something about the Dove quilt that makes it very soothing to look at.

I think you can say you are an artist who works with textiles!

:welldone: :welldone: :welldone:

:goodluck2: with future projects.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Miss Painful » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:27 pm

Stunning quilt. I took up quilting after seeing the advert about a year ago for Quilting for Beginners. I am making a double quilt I am three quarters of the way. I get the magazine and material every week to make another square.
Gentle Hugs :bear-dancing:
Miss Painful
UKFM Member

Postby annet » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi there, I too am a quilter ... at least I struggle to be! I have made about 30 bed quilts and wall hangings over the last ten years or so. But my pleasure is muted by the pain it causes. In the past, I always had a quilt on the go .... now I make one rarely. BUT now I have had knee replacements in both knees and can walk more readily, I am trying to find ways in which I can use my sewing machine more easily. I have bought an adjustable table (from a discount, disabled website)that fits over an armchair, put my machine on the table, rest my elbows on the chair arms and can now sew much more readily than before. Who knows... there might be another bed quilt by Christmas.

Are there any other quilters out there?
annet
UKFM Member

Re: I am a Quilter....well nearly

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:09 am

Hi there never thought I would be posting in a craft section but here goes...... been using the main site for over a year and would have skipped over the craft section as I didn't think I had any interest in any of its contents. Then in the summer while talking to my GP she suggested I take up a hobby as I needed to take my mind of this awful illness and gain an interest in something else. :shock:

A friend suggested sewing and I went up to her house one afternoon to give it a try , then things just snowballed . :yikes: I bought an old hand cranked sewing machine off e-bay for less than £25 delivered which I was told given its lack of technology would help me get a feel for the fabric and for learning to keep the sewing lines straight etc. I made a coin purse & a bag and was pleased with my efforts . I joined an on line crafting community and followed some of thier free lessons to make a number of tote bags.

On leaving work in September I was given some money in lieu of a gift and I used it to book myself on a patchwork course, at local fabric shop. it was only a few hours but great fun and I came home in the evening with a patchwork cushion. :clap: Since then I have made a few other cushions as Christmas gifts and am finishing off a Christmas panel . I go each Thursday morning when able, to a local needlecraft group where ladies with many years experience are always eagar to help and show a novice such as myself where they went wrong.

My greatest moment however was a few days ago when my darling daughter came and asked if I could make her a quilt for her recently decorated bedroom , of course I said yes and so have been busy on line looking up easy quilt patterns to make. I hope to go after Christmas with her and pick out fabrics . :fingerscrossed: it all works out.

So all you non quilters and crafters, why not give it a go there are plenty of on line classes you can take and many libraries hold informal get togethers were you can enjoy a cup of tea and pass an hour talking to fellow crafters
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:12 am

just realised I had already posted to this thread admiring the quilts some time ago . Strange how 6 months later I am now thinking of making my own!
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Craft