New Avatar & Sig

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New Avatar & Sig

Postby PoppyFlux » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:25 am

Ok not sure if this is the right place to post as I haven't seen anything like this here..

I was bored and couldn't sleep so I spent the last hr or two making me an avatar (& just added a Sig lol). I used a licensed image from Keith Garvey (my license number and artist copyright on the avatar so no copyright issues :crazy: ) - and I used various textures and blend effects in PaintShop Pro. Finally I added a couple of picture frames that I have in my archive from an old friend (sadly no longer online).

Does anyone else here use PSP and make digital graphics? I'd love to see others work, maybe it'll inspire me to do more :easter3:
PoppyFlux
UKFM Member

Re: New Avatar & Sig

Postby denys » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:29 pm

Its really good Poppy, you are very talented :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby McVinster » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:52 pm

I used to make a lot of signatures for people on various forums (Most of them are based on an MMORPG called Perfect World) and I usually still make my own. Made the one I'm using at the minute with license-free image and brushes in Photoshop.
I am guilty of nicking images I Googled, but ho-hum I'm not making money or anything off making sigs or avatars so nothing really naughty. I do try and get licence free stock images or use screenshots/photos I've taken myself but its hard to always get what you want.

"Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so." - Douglas Adams
McVinster
UKFM Member

Postby PoppyFlux » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:53 pm

aww thank you both for your kind comments, it's very much appreciated.

Your sig is very good McVinster. I never really got into using Photoshop, though I do know it's very good. I like the colours and the way you've used the lights, its a great effect and looks like the woman has angel wings.

I too have used images from google from time to time, it can be a good way to get stock and background pics and also to find new websites for picture resources. I know what you mean about trying to find a particular image or theme, that can be the hardest part, but it's usually worth the searching :-D
PoppyFlux
UKFM Member

Return to Craft