[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Knitting

Knitting

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Knitting

Postby PoppyPenny » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:16 am

Hurray! Last night I finished knitting a bag I have wanted to make for a long time. I usually knit with fine, cobweb yarn as it is not heavy and I am able to hold it longer, but this bag is in chunky yarn!

I will never knit with chunky yarn again! I found it so heavy to hold and painful every time I turned the work which was many, many times as the pattern is entrelac. So, I made my self work the purl rows without turning! It does work! The finished result is worth it. It is a lovely bag. All I have to do now is make some handles, line the bag and sew on a button to close it. Then I can get back to my cobweb shawl. Or, maybe I should think about dyeing the yarn I spun to knit one of my sons a jumper!

I have two spinning wheels and a house full of fleece waiting to be spun. Not enough hours in the day. I find spinning and knitting so relaxing and also it helps to keep my fingers moving, otherwise they could seize up with the fibro and arthritis.

Maggie
PoppyPenny
UKFM Member

Re: Knitting

Postby Radar8407 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:23 pm

That sounds lovely Maggie! I am trying to knit a baby blanket in double knitting but I have to keep putting it down. It's hurting but it will be worth it in the end! :) x
When your life feels lost. Fight against all odds! Never give in. Never back down!
Radar8407
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:06 pm

It sounds lovely Maggie, when you've finished it, if you wanted to post a photo of it, it would be lovely to see it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Nic, your baby blanket WILL be worth it when you finish it :blowkiss: :blowkiss: There always seems to be something extra special about something someone has put so much time and work into making :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Radar8407 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:20 pm

Aww thanks :) Will I share it when it's finished? It has been a real labour of love. My mum made me a scarf when she had tennis elbow and I actually cherish it because she made it while in pain!
When your life feels lost. Fight against all odds! Never give in. Never back down!
Radar8407
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:08 pm

You could share it with us if you like, us non~crafty people love to see what those with the talent for it can create :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Radar8407 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:07 pm

I wouldn't say I am talented! I drive my mum mad with it lol. But I promise I will share :) :mrgreen:
Radar8407
UKFM Member

Postby Radar8407 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:09 pm

I've finished the main part of my blanket at long last! It felt like it took forever to do. I am now on the border. That's quite light sp hopefully I can get a wee bit more done each day but I'm not pushing it! It's sore enough knitting in wee stages! X
Radar8407
UKFM Member

Return to Craft