craft websites

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

craft websites

Postby grannygreenwitch » Tue May 15, 2012 11:56 pm

Hi fellow crafters. Do any of you know of websites to sell your ware? I know of Etsy & of course ebay,but I'm sure there must be more.
I can't manage too many sales anymore, so want to find an easier outlet for my home made gem essences/ bath oils/room sprays etc.
Any hints?
:-)
grannygreenwitch
UKFM Newbie

Re: craft websites

Postby denys » Wed May 16, 2012 2:10 am

sorry no I dont, I'm sure you might find some answers on the likes of Docrafts etc. :goodluck1: All mine go to london and are sold to raise funds for the childrens cancer ward at UCH
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fibro-lu » Wed May 16, 2012 5:26 pm

all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby Andrew_Z » Sun May 27, 2012 4:13 pm

Here people sell crafts at their local village market, or WI sale. Many people rent a village or church hall and sell, it's not expensive. Or you could ask to have a table at a school fete.
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Mon May 28, 2012 8:10 am

.... or get together with someone already selling at those places and share the table/space ...
you wouldn't have to be there when your body likes to stay in bed/indoors etc
just a thought
this and something similar I can see on the horizon coming for me, hopefully
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby Andrew_Z » Tue May 29, 2012 2:14 am

From my years of experience doing craft fairs, you should always sell where's there's children along with their parents. The little brats just won't go home unless their parents buy something, so I always had plenty of small stuff for them. Aim for 5-9 yr olds, who are strong enough to stand their ground or handcuff themselves to a radiator unless they've got a preset to take home for grandma.
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Return to Craft