[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - My pyrography

My pyrography

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My pyrography

Postby Andrew_Z » Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 pm

This is one of my pyrography plaques. Pyrography is the craft of drawing on wood with a variably heated electric pen. The plaque is sycamore and is nine inches wide. I have been practicing pyrography for over 25 years, and for a few years sold my work at craft fairs along with glass engravings.
Attachments
OTTER_small.jpg
OTTER_small.jpg (226.85 KiB) Viewed 4510 times
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Re: My pyrography

Postby shazq » Wed May 23, 2012 4:28 pm

Wow, thats beautiful Andrew, how long does that take you?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

My pyrography

Postby caterpillar » Wed May 23, 2012 5:03 pm

That's so good, so detailed!
caterpillar
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed May 23, 2012 5:30 pm

Absolutely beautiful Andrew, must take an age :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby jbee » Wed May 23, 2012 11:19 pm

wow,that's fab.
jbee
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu May 24, 2012 2:06 pm

WOW!!! Had to keep coming back and having a look at this :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Andrew_Z » Sat May 26, 2012 3:21 pm

Actually, apart from the central animal or character, I make up these scenes entirely from my imagination, based purely on memory and observation. I also find it easier to draw imaginary scenes as then I get the perfect scene I want, and it also releases the stress of feeling I've made a mistake. That builds my confidence. After all, don't forget how easy it is for kids to draw, give them some crayons and their off, so so far removed from the incredible stress we professional designers experience when strictly working to a client's brief.
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Sat May 26, 2012 10:53 pm

wow!! that is brill :-D
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby ribbons » Sun May 27, 2012 9:46 am

wow that is fabulous x
ribbons
UKFM Member

Return to Craft