[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - craft thread

craft thread

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: craft thread

Postby denys » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:20 pm

consider yourself wriggled :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby carolnotts » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:25 pm

i'm a member of docrafts aswell Denys but haven't been on there for ages i was always on the ATC forum on it i used to be a newbie greeter :) small world eh xx
carolnotts
UKFM Member

Postby daydreamer2007 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:45 pm

:D What a good Idea !!
I'm a newbie to the site,
I make Soap , Candles, Nappy cakes,sock bouquets, wash cloth crafts and make cards as well !!
I too am a member of Do Crafts.
Will post some pic's
looking forward to seeing other people do and maybe sharing tips and ideas
xxx
daydreamer2007
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:16 am

Brilliant, definitely is a small world, I havent had much chance to get onto docrafts recently, must try harder!! Daydreamer you are very busy look forward to the pics :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Angel777 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:29 pm

This is lovely , so uplifting to see what everyone does . I knit , at the moment I am knitting for charity shops locally as they don't get hand made things now , I am making shawls and rainbow dishcloths ,also make cards for friends and family birthdays , I paint, and am looking at doing some collages , and starting the fumo jewellery kit I had for Christmas .
It will be lovely to exchange recipes too.
Angel
Diagnosed with FM 2007 /Also have Osteoarthritis which I have had for many years .
Looking to connect with fellow FM people near me as well as making friends and having support from this forum .
Angel777
UKFM Member

Postby Nellyphant » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:07 pm

I'm really crafty - in more ways than one! :lol:

I sew in many forms; dressmaking, home furnishings, cross stitch, paper embroidery....

I papercraft; greeting cards and scrapbooking

I also do digital scrapbooking too.
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby MonkeyFeatures » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:29 pm

Oooo I can see that i'll be asking for tips from some of you guys as i'm new to some of these crafts :D you'll be sick of me before you know it :lol:

Why dont you make it a 'hobbies' section instead of crafts then we can include things like photography etc? Just an idea :) x

Mummy of 2 beautiful children My hubby is my rock!
MonkeyFeatures
UKFM Member

Postby nutty1 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:52 pm

:wave: i used sew @nit made cushions whatever but nowadays if i try knit its a case of drop 30 pick up 3 so until holey fashion comes in .tryed crochet cause i love that but ended up nightmare ,couldnt for lie of me follow pattern .last bit of sewing i did ,was for my dad his button came off his trousers ,he was ready leave house so grab cotton needle sew his button back on . :clap: :clap: unfortunately sew it to his shirt too :yikes: do i need go on :oops: :shock: :?
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:26 pm

how did i miss this one :shock:

Ooh now lets see, i like to make cards, have started to knit again, do a bit
then do a bit more depending on arms wrists and fingers
like crochet to and love to colour in :lol:
i did like baking but haven't done it for a long time
your recipe sounds yummy flup
only me and hubby here now so we would have to scoff the lot :lol: :lol: :lol:

have also tried parchment, that is so beautiful (when done properly)
only trouble is now not working craft stuff comes last :(

ow well look forward to seeing and reading ow and smelling (flup open window)
all that's put on here :blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:28 pm

I'm making another cakey tomorrow loubie, so I'll open the window and send you the cakey-bakey smells :lol: :lol: :lol:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:52 am

Hi Cherrytwist just put a new topic in the thread called photography I think it is a craft, I cant do it always cutting peoples heads of etc. Look forward to seeing some of the piccy's people take on here :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby rosie66 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:38 pm

This is a nice post, i'm also crafty and i love hearing and reading about other people,what they make and what they like, if you know what i mean,at the moment i am knitting, knitted alot since my grandaughter arrived,i knit till i can't open my fingers,i still have alot of stuff for card making,don't do that anymore,i also like sewing and baking, use to do cross stitch,i wont go through it all,but i have had ago at a few things, :mrgreen:
rosie66
UKFM Regular

Postby monkeysuncle » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:41 pm

:D What a great idea, only just found the craft thread. I enjoy knitting, I find it relaxing - although I can't knit as much as i use to because my hands, wrists and fingers begin to swell and ache. Will try a wrist support as suggested by someone. Am about to try out a patchwork group, but don't know whether I will manage it. Same applies to the dressmaking and counted cross stitch.

I also am a member of two choirs, choral and contemporary, I particularly enjoy meeting new people and feeling part of a team. OK I know it is not strictly a craft but it stops me from going :crazy: :yikes:

I love cooking but alas am not able to do it on my own these days - I enjoy when my son comes home, he still likes cooking with his mum. :cup1:

If i can't do any of these I love a cuddle with my dog. :cat2:
monkeysuncle
UKFM Newbie

Postby lollyb » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:04 pm

:wave: Hi I am a newbie too and so happy to see this and hope to join in..not done any painting for about 18 months , but hoping to get back into it .. If I may , then I could try and work out how to put some pictures on here...This site has given me a lift already .. Thank you !!!

lollyb :flowers:
lollyb
UKFM Member

Postby Sarah Louise » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi all, just found this thread :) I am a scrapbooker and card maker...love photography, dabble in cooking, and I am in the progress of making a story sack. I have dabbled in other crafts too such as jewelery, nappy cakes etc etc. My blog is here http://sarahs-scrap-book.blogspot.com/
Sarah Louise
UKFM Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Craft