[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - craft thread

craft thread

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: craft thread

Postby thewireweaver » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:52 pm

Hello Everyone. I'm a newbie. Was diagnosed with Fibro and hypermobility yesterday by a rheumatologist.

I am, however, completely obsessed with crafting and I attempt to sell my handmade jewellery online. I do swarovski crystal stuff, steampunk (which is kind of a fantasy victorian time traveller theme) and wire weaving. Here's some of my work which I'm very proud of :) I started beading as a way of coping with my depression last year and thankfully it's managed to replace some of the enjoyment I used to get from sport. Photos are clickable:

thewireweaver
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:04 pm

Gorgeous, I love the first photo :D :D

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:28 pm

they are lovely, i like the silver one aswall flup
only trouble is i can't wear any of my jewelry
since having fibro it just annoys me :(

ow tell a lie :roll: i can wear my earrings :D

keep up the good work :blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby nutty1 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:53 pm

:clap: :clap: they are lovely ,good that its lifted your depression too .keep at it
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby thewireweaver » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:05 am

Thanks Everyone for your lovely comments. Also I'm part of a craft community on Twitter so if anyone wants to follow me I'm BrisTreasures; I'd love to follow some more crafters.

Have got some steampunk jewellery drying on my desk at the moment but agonising over whether to use bronze chains or deep red ribbon.... too much choice!
thewireweaver
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:58 pm

Hope we can see some of your steampunk creations :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: I'd go with red ribbon rather than the bronze chain, or what about something velvety???

Did the whole goth thing in my teens, had some interesting stuff, think that's why I like the steampunk stuff, altho I can't wear much these days thanks to FM :tongueout: :tongueout: :facepalm: :facepalm:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby thewireweaver » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:04 pm

I LOVE steampunk :) I didn't really do the goth thing in my teans as such (wearing black, crosses, and watching buffy probably doesn't count :oops: ) but I love gothic style stuff now, will try and link a few images from my Etsy..... But I'm more pleased with the stuff I made last night!
thewireweaver
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:40 pm

I love you jewellery this is lovely, and its different. :clap:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby thewireweaver » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:26 pm

Made these last night, now trying to decide now to give them a brass chain necklace or ribbon, and which one to give which pendant. Oh the agony of choice! Apologies for the picture but didn't want to get my full light tent/decent camera setup out.

thewireweaver
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:44 pm

If i was to wear them, I would like ribbon on the first two and brass chain on thee other, but everyones taste is different, you are very good with your hands (lovely) well done you :clap:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby thewireweaver » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:49 pm

Thank you! :)
thewireweaver
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:50 pm

They're stunning, have you used watch parts on the pendants?? If it were for me, I think chain for the first one, ribbon for the middle one (my favourite), but as I'm not seeing the colour clearly on my screen for the third one, not sure :dunno: :dunno: Brass chain if it's a similar shade to the first one I think, if not, then ribbon :clap: :clap: :clap:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby thewireweaver » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:56 pm

The colours on the first one are more brassy than the other two, which are more bronze coloured. The chain is the same colour as he frame on the 3rd one. The photo is pretty dire :oops:

I've used vintage watch movements, the kind you have to wind up - but they don't work any more. The large gems are stuck on, but they do have their own tiny little gems set into them as well. I love vintage watch movements!
thewireweaver
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:00 pm

Love the effect they've made :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:40 pm

Absolutley brilliant, lovely jewelry you are so clever :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Craft