[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - craft thread

craft thread

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: craft thread

Postby thewireweaver » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:28 pm

Getting some steampunk inspiration, watching Sherlock Holmes with a cup of coffee (but forgot to ask for decaff :facepalm: going to reget that later). OK, SH, isn't steampunk as such, but it's victorian and it looks awesome! Plus; Robert Downey Jr.... there is no bad here.

Oh, and I finished one of my pendants!
thewireweaver
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:17 pm

Gorgeous, love the pink stones :clap: :clap: :clap:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby thewireweaver » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:40 pm

This one also got a bronze chain, The final one gets a ribbon but I'm waiting for the extra bit on the back to bond so I can attach it

thewireweaver
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:53 pm

Lovely pendants :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

craft thread

Postby thewireweaver » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:38 pm

Anyone around here crafty and in the Bristol area? Would love to get to know more crafty people locally. Especially if like me you sell your stuff too (or at least in my case, attempt to sell it!).
thewireweaver
UKFM Member

Postby CarolineM » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 pm

I taught myself to knit in January and have so far made fancy scarves, a purse, a cardigan, an elephant, a tea cosy, a hot water bottle cover and socks. I love making the socks! I have been able to crochet for years and discovered amigurumi recently too. I haven't stitched properly for a while, but I've made lots. Especially cross stitch.

I haven't been knitting for a week or so as I had a bad flare up and it's taking a while to get better. We all love to bake here too, but DH and I are on a healthy kick at the moment. Him to get in better shape and me on a bit of an exclusion diet to see how a pure diet afects me.

I've got a bit of a yarn addiction. If I find a yarn I love, I find a pattern to use it! lol
CarolineM
UKFM Newbie

Postby thewireweaver » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:53 am

Ok I'm sat here with a headache, I'm snivelling, I have a sore throat, my arm hurts, my knees hurt and I've been grinding my teeth again. But I just don't care because I made my first sale to someone in the US last night!!!!!! They paid £17 for one of MY pendants, Im so chuffed :clap: Had to share :)
thewireweaver
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:13 am

Fantastic news, sorry you're having to put up with a cold but what a boost!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:33 am

:woot: :woot: :woot: Fantastic sale :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: for many more to come for you :clap: :clap: :clap: Hope the cold starts to go soon :sick: :sick:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

craft thread

Postby thewireweaver » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:42 am

Thanks :) this stupid cold has gotten worse. My other half seems barely affected. He's going to have to go to the supermarket on his own today. Chiropractor beat me up yesterday and suffering from that today. Keeping fingers crossed I have the energy and strength to link up about 100 pearls today...
thewireweaver
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:40 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck1: with the pearls :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby HazelB » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:03 pm

just spotted this thread.

i do cardmaking and some basic jewellery making ... have just done some easter cards and general cards for the Creativity Craft for Life campaign where you make cards for sale for Cancer Research. My next lot of cards will be for my local FM support groups (Paisley & Glasgow groups as i attend both).

I'm hoping to set up a page online with my cards for sale - but havnt quite got there yet, so for now i am putting them on my blog & facebook pages.
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby BURMESECATSLAVE » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:31 am

Good morning from me....a new member.

To keep me out of mischief when I'm on my own at home, I do counted cross stitch. I've done this now for 20 years and really enjoy doing complex needle work, especially as my eyesight is good so that I can read the pattern easily. I've always worked on 14 count aida but as a challenge have gone to an 18 count. My current project is of Marble Head Lighthouse on the eastern seaboard of the USA. It's one of six in a pattern book that we got from a needlecraft store in California when we were there in 2001. The only problems that I have are unwanted attention to my work & workbox from our two Burmese cats. Their favourite tricks are to yank the thread out of the needle after I've spent 10 minutes getting the thread in, stealing the bundles of threads out of the workbox and "beating " them up and sitting right in the middle of the hoop!

I can also crochet but at the moment, our two Burmese cats have turned into moths when it comes to wool!!!
BURMESECATSLAVE
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:55 pm

Hi Paul, I love cross stitch yours sounds very complex and your cats sound just like mine they love to pinch my wool when I'm trying to knit :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Amberwillow » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:29 pm

Oh Happy Day!

I've just got back from holiday this weekend :wave: and had only been on here a few times... and there is a craft thread!
That's music to my ears.

On my days off of work, I am a painter (although I do like to sculpt and sew a little bit too, I'm very unsure of myself where sewing is concerned).

Painting is like meditation for me.. I can do it and my mind just empties. But, pain stops me each time so I have to watch how long I sit there for... and if I overdo it, my neck, back, arms and wrists certainly let me know very quickly.

I'm so pleased that there are others here who love artsy fartsy things.. I'm a great believer in art and craft as a therapy.

xxx
“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.”—Thomas Merton
Amberwillow
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Craft