[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - craft thread

craft thread

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: craft thread

Postby denys » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:13 pm

Can help to really take your mind off things for a while and it doesnt really matter much about the result as long as you enjoy the process, your paintings look fab have answered on your other post :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Amberwillow » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:52 pm

“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.”—Thomas Merton
Amberwillow
UKFM Member

Postby McVinster » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:56 pm

Well I didn't want to start my own thread again, but:

Anyone remember that painting of Thomas The Tank Engine I said I was starting for my little Nephew ages ago?

Well I finally managed to get it finished (only took me about 6 months :lol:) in time for his first Christmas! Stayed up until 4am Christmas Morning to finish off the detail and boy was I glad I didn't have to do anything Christmas Day! A couple of rum and cokes with dinner and I was out like a light during Dr Who! (Watched it again Boxing Day though).

His mum and dad loved it, and despite only being 3 months old at the time I think the little one did too! He kept reaching out for it and his eyes went wide when he saw all the nice bright colours. (Daft beggar me though forgot to take a picture of it :facepalm: , so I'll have to get his mum to send me one of it on the wall.)
In fact, everyone who saw it was quite impressed and I've been asked to do another 2 so far by people who say they'll pay me for it! :mrgreen: Whoopee finally a bit of money on the side while I wait on benefits decisions!

:chicken-dance:

"Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so." - Douglas Adams
McVinster
UKFM Member

Postby Judy S » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:26 pm

Oh, yes, I do crafts! I'm kind of hoping that one day I might make a decent amount of money at it, because it would be my ideal job - working from home, as and when I wanted to, and selling online and at the odd craft fair, but actually I make very little.

I make jewellery of various kinds, mostly these days for dogs. I make tag necklaces, fancy party collars, collar charms. I do matching necklaces for people, other pendants (wire-wrapped sea glass, beads and stones mostly), and ribbon bracelets - I used to do a lot of earrings, but they really don't sell unless you work with sterling and gemstones etc, or underprice yourself horribly.

Here's one of my dogs in a party collar -

And the other one wearing a tag necklace - .

I do tassels too. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/ ... sels-1.png

Catty - as you see, I host pictures at Photobucket and post them from there. Most sites accept them that way! You can get a free account and it's very easy. Go to http://photobucket.com.
Judy S
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:11 pm

The collar is perfect party wear Judy :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Love the models you've used :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Gorgeous doglets :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Judy S » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:14 pm

Thanks, Fluppy Puffy and catty! We love greyhounds, and of course, ours are the most beautiful of all! :-D
Judy S
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:43 pm

Of course they are and so well dressed :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D Beautiful work :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:12 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby diamondintherough » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:29 am

diamondintherough
UKFM Member

Postby kate2962 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:50 pm

I love your dog collar - very pretty Ive just shown my cavalier and she just licked the screen then went behind the comp looking for your dog :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kate2962
UKFM Newbie

Postby fibro-lu » Mon May 28, 2012 9:07 am

Attachments
SN154792.JPG
test
SN154792.JPG (911.92 KiB) Viewed 8051 times
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby Gardeningstitcher » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:48 pm

Love all the arty crafty stuff. I bake and decorate cakes, but suffer greatly for days afterwards. I knit scarves and crochet some plain blankets for dolls prams. That's my limit. Fingers and arms really painful so can only do 15 minutes or so at a time. Nothing exciting that I'd upload photos. There are some clever arty, craft people on here. Love looking at the pics, keep up the good work. :clap: :clap: :-D xx
Gardeningstitcher
UKFM Newbie

Postby clsmbenn » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:17 pm

all the pictures etc look great, wish i had patience to do half of that. :lol:

i work on counted cross stitch, i am currently doing a ying/ yang gothic piece and a gsd with pup. the only problem is my hands have been too swollen to continue, so havent done any for a while.

my last piece was a phantom aeroplane for my dad at xmas. that took me ages cos of my hands, but love x stitching as its very relaxing and i manage to put all stresses behind me, but then my back starts, so cant win really. :scream-1:
clsmbenn
UKFM Member

Postby sleepy kitty » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:45 pm

Hello all, I love knitting, crochet, cross stitch and card making. I have just started learning to spin on a drop spindle. Also just started blogging: http://sleepykittysyarn.blogspot.co.uk/. Please feel free to drop by.

Here is one of my latest finished projects. It's called The Age of Steam and Brass Shawlette, a free pattern on ravelry.

Nicola's Age of Steam and Brass Shawl 1.jpg
Nicola's Age of Steam and Brass Shawl 1.jpg (658.27 KiB) Viewed 7611 times

Tora
x
sleepy kitty
UKFM Newbie

Postby Tally1068 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:33 pm

:-D Newbie here who's a complete craft nut. I wish someone had told me how addictive it is.
thewireweaver I love your pendants. Very unique. I've seen steampunk decoupage but never jewellery. I think they look great.

It can be really difficult to make any money out of crafting. I know people in our craft group have little joy. I make mine for charity as it is just a hobby. 50% ends up in the bin as I like trying new things which often don't work. :oops: I am very wasteful and messy.

I mostly do rubber stamping or decoupage, but I love making boxes and using the Keepsake Embossing Boards. Here's a link to a few of my cards on the Keepsake Group. It keeps me occupied and takes my mind off the pain unless it's a real flare up.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KeepsakeE ... 20&dir=asc
Tally1068
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Craft