[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - craft thread

craft thread

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: craft thread

Postby CatchingDreams » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:19 pm

Hi all, another newbie here. I started making Dream Catchers last year when my daughter had been electrocuted. I've never had a crafty bone in the past, albeit being brought up by a crafting mother. I've recently turned this hobby into a full time business, and as well as having a page on facebook, have now got my own website. I also now make keyrings, bracelets, pram and car charms and message bugs. I've made a few fibro awareness items for friends that also have this awful illness :)
CatchingDreams
UKFM Newbie

Postby philippa3578 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi everyone.
Another newbie here. I like to do cross stitch when I can concentrate and I don't feel so tired. I am currently working on one for Christmas. I also like to knit. I subscribe to the World of cross stitch and have lots of projects waiting for me to start. :-)
philippa3578
UKFM Newbie

Postby fibro-lu » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:01 am

thought I try another picture
and no, I didn't find this treasure whilst walking through Japan's nature
found it on my search engine and absolutely love it
Kyoto, Japan.jpg
Kyoto, Japan
Kyoto, Japan.jpg (187.15 KiB) Viewed 5460 times
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:20 pm

Lovely picture Lu, makes me wish I was wandering thru those gardens. I have a love of sakura blossoms and use them for backgrounds on my phone, tablet and pinky~pooter :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby lisa m 1973 » Mon May 05, 2014 12:20 pm

I do x stitch. Done it off n on for years. Only thing now is dealing with pain in my hand and the concentration involved exhausts me x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lisa m 1973
UKFM Member

Postby HazelB » Sat May 10, 2014 11:51 pm

I've just started a small cross-stitch project. Used to stitch years ago but had to stop due to pain/weakness in hands. I need to wear compression gloves and can only manage a few minutes at a time, but hoping the more I do, the longer I'll be able to do each time xxx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Sun May 11, 2014 3:46 pm

I make and decorate cakes as a hobby and also sometimes to sell to family and friends.

if i get chance i will post a few of my better ones xx
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby Jacky55 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:30 pm

Hi there. I knit children's/babies jumpers, cardigans and booties mainly, because they're small, and knit up fast. I've been knitting on and off for years for my family. I'm not as quick as I used to be, and I find I'm counting rows and stitches multiple times, because I've forgotten where I am,( quite frustrating) . Also I've dropped stitches because my arm jerks out without warning and pulls the wool off the needle! :-x

I have to stop for a while because my hands ache, but I think it actually does help in the long run with the stiffness in my fingers. My eldest daughter is a craft pro, she even has her own webpage on facebook and etsy. I have sold a few items on her online shop, which I'm really chuffed about. :-D I think having a hobby or an interest in crafts is really important when you have fibro or indeed any disability. It definitely keeps my mind focused on something, other than the pain. I would totally recommend it. fairy_dust
Jacky55
UKFM Member

Postby wornoutbloke » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:47 pm

Hi I'm new too.

I've done jigsaws when I can on and off for years, was pretty much always doing 2000 piece ones but a few months ago I completed a 6000 piece one. It took me a couple of months but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I've since started a 9000 piece one and I'm about two thirds of the way through it, I feel like this one is beating me but I do hope that I don't give up. Haven't been able to do any for a few weeks because the pains been really bad but hopefully I'll get back to it soon.
wornoutbloke
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:49 pm

Dont let it beat you keep trying and I hope you manage to get it finished soon
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Tally1068 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:25 am

I have days when it's just too painful and stiff to craft and I hate them. It's a major passion of mine and I can lose myself in doing it . I mostly make cards and boxes which I sell for charity. I also have a shop that sells my cards and I get a real thrill out of the fact that people actually want to buy my stuff.
I used to do Wedding Stationary but don't any more because as you approach the 75th invitation or place card I gets tedious and I want to do it for fun. Having fibro gets you down so anything that can take you mind off it is a great thing. I mostly do boxed cards for special occasions or different shaped cards like these:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/t ... f311be.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/t ... 1cec30.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/t ... 6d5d9f.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/t ... 955057.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/t ... f50bbc.jpg
Tally1068
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:27 am

Beautiful, I make cards too and agree it has to be fun :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby wornoutbloke » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:45 pm

wornoutbloke
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:57 pm

Glad you managed to finish it t sounds huge :-D :-D :-D :-D chipping away a little at a time is a good way to go so :welldone:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby madchickenlady » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:49 pm

I do cross stitch and knitting,I'm stitching a lovely chicken themed cross stitch at the moment to go in my kitchen and I have just finished a wedding sampler for my daughter when she gets married next year, On the knitting front I am currently in the middle of knitting some cushion covers in varying cable patterns for my living room, this will be an ongoing project though as I need 12 covers :yikes: so its going to take me some time to finish them .

I find it does take my mind off the pain unless its a really bad day, but I do have to remember to get up at regular intervals or I get too stiff from sitting for too long
madchickenlady
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Craft