[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Jewellry party - but what about the boys

Jewellry party - but what about the boys

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Jewellry party - but what about the boys

Postby fabme » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:19 pm

My little girl is going to be six in march and as I make jewellry for young to teens I thought about doing a jewellry making party for her :D The only problem is there's her 8yr old brother and a handfull of boys she wants to invite and i'm sure they probably won't want to do jewellry making. Has anyone got any ideas what the boys could do/make :?: as bored boys are naughty boys :lol:

fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Re: Jewellry party - but what about the boys

Postby cherryblossom » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:20 pm

Hi Fabme, Maybe you could persuade them to make something for mum/nan for mother's day? Or maybe turn it into a competition? Or perhaps see if they can create something resembling a car or something more 'boyish' out of the pieces. Just a few thoughts, not great but just maybe help with a little inspiration. :fingerscrossed: someone will come along with some better ideas! lol! Take care, Cherry :blowkiss:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:26 pm

Can you do anything to do with the dog tag things like soldiers wear, or something like keyrings with ideas from cartoons, films or something??

Found this linky, don't know if there's anything on there to inspire you.....

Can't think of anything else, even tho I have a boy he wasn't really into crafts and art and things, more into anything that plugs in and plays games :dunno: :facepalm: :dunno: :facepalm:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:33 pm

The mothers day thing sounds good, plus dogtags mine always wanted dogtags, Dan got his own when he joined the Army and Craig wears his dads old ones :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby nutty1 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:17 am

:wave: i think you might be suprised and the dog tags or dark beads good idea :)
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby fabme » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:25 pm

Thanks for all your replys, I never thought about the dog tags :D I keep trawling through ebay and craft sites to find items to use

fab
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby fabme » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:08 pm

After trawlling ebay etc and asking on here, my 8yr old son came up with a great idea designing masks made from papea mashe (not sure on spelling) ie bits of paper dipped in glue and stuck to ballons and when dry they'll make great masks :D

fab
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:12 pm

Superb idea fab. When we did papier mache stuff when DS was small, I found using cheap kitchen roll instead of newspaper was better for painting and decorating as it was easier to cover with it being plain.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:49 pm

What about model aeroplanes for the boys fabme?
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby nutty1 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:32 am

lots good ideas what about design their own t-shirt
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Return to Craft