[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Clothing.

Clothing.

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Clothing.

Postby mellabella » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

From reading many of the posts about the difficulties we have with clothing and shoes. It seems to me that someone with a bit of sewing skill, flair and business know how could stand to make a pretty penny out of designing clothing for people with fibro.

Anyone got a sewing machine handy :goodluck1:

Mella
mellabella
UKFM Member

Re: Clothing.

Postby denys » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:11 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: not much good sewing myself, just about manage to get a hem taken up :clap: :clap:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Roseofsharon » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:21 pm

:clap: :clap: Lol I can sew but I'm not any good at designing! I need a pattern in front of me to be able to make anything. However I think it's a brilliant idea for a business venture!
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby Adele » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:13 pm

if i take my dog out in my chair i go for pj chic. to copy this trend climb out of bed throw on a jumper and cover legs with a small blanket. not recommended for those who sleep in the nude. :lol:
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby Nellyphant » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:07 am

Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby mellabella » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:14 pm

I wish I could sew and make my own clothes too - especially now as i tend to slouch around in the same sort of comfortable tent thing for all occasions.

Twenty five or so years ago i got a job in a sewing factory where they made mens suits. I was taken on under one of those Thatcherite training schemes and i was put on the part of the production line which sewed up the crotch and zipper. I lasted a week and was then sacked because i kept breaking the machine by sewing into the actual metal zip so that it became wedged into the needle and foot and also for cutting most of the crotches out of the trousers as the machine also had a material shearing gadget attached to it, a sort of sew as you cut thing only i did more cutting than sewing. Me and sewing machines have never seen eye to eye since.

Mella
mellabella
UKFM Member

Postby Nellyphant » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:51 am

Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby mellabella » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:50 pm

Aww I'm sorry to hear your not feeling so good Nellyyphant. :grouphug: This fibro sucks big time. Up until that last sentence you wrote i was so impressed with your level of skill, I was thinking of asking you to make me a couple of extra large, extra long blouses to cover my middle aged spread. ( Hmm Where's the big blouse icon on this thing :dunno: )

Mella
mellabella
UKFM Member

Postby Nellyphant » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:33 am

Thanks Mella. I was coming done with an awful, awful migraine that had me being sick for 4 hours. Have come out of it now but still feeling a bit yuk. I haven't managed any sewing this week, I'm missing it, but I don't want to sew my finger or do something wrong and spend ages unpicking! Been to the physio this morning so I'm exhausted now! Hope to get some sewing done over the weekend.
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby Nellyphant » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:24 am

I finished sewing my PJ's yesterday and wore them last night (actually still in them!). They are miles too big but really comfortable. Here is a picture of me wearing them just before bed last night.
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:36 pm

:clap: very good, are you going in for modeling.
budda
UKFM Regular

Clothing.

Postby Niki d » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:54 pm

Hi every body,

I love the pj's you have made they look so comfy, I tend to spend quite a lot of time in mine as they are so comfy.
But my friend just bought me a kaftan as she thought it might be better for me than being in pj's all the time.

I have to tell you it is now the most comfy thing I own and it nice and big so should also be really cool for the summer and you really don't have to wear any thing under it, it hides a multitude of sins.

Just thought I would share that incase it helps some one else.
Niki d
UKFM Member

Return to Craft