[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Baking - Recipies and pictures.

Baking - Recipies and pictures.

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Baking - Recipies and pictures.

Postby Schnoodle » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:02 am

Hi All - Here is my recipie for sticky toffee pudding

It was ok-ish to make - not too hard - the hardest part for me was stoning and chopping the dates with my rubbish wrists (I had to get someone to do it for me) and the mixing - but if you have a mixer it will be much easier.

(hope the linky works)

I drizzled some of the sauce over the top of the pudding and its so moist and yummy!

here is the pic i took (apologies, by the time i had got round to taking it, hubby had eaten half of it!)

Hope you enjoy

xx
sticky toffee pud.JPG
sticky toffee pud.JPG (194.86 KiB) Viewed 6839 times
Diagnosed with severe fibromyalgia/cfs febuary 2009.
Schnoodle
UKFM Member

Re: Baking - Recipies and pictures.

Postby Schnoodle » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:04 am

Schnoodle
UKFM Member

Postby Schnoodle » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:10 am

Also, Lydalb gave me this recipie for rock cakes - i hope you dont mind me posting it here?! - im going to attempt this today - will post piccies after, although i have never heard of them before so im not reall sure what they should look like! Thankou Lydalb

- 200g self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 90g butter
- 90g caster sugar
- 90g raisins/dried fruit
- 1 large egg, beaten (I've always been fine with a medium)
- 50g ground almonds (I've used crushed as couldn't buy ground from Sainsburys, it worked fine, a little harder to make the dough but very tasty and visible almonds inside the cakes which was nice)

Method:

Sift the flour, salt and almonds in to a bowl.
Rub in the butter.
Add the sugar and raisins and mix in the egg to form a dough (I find just getting your fingers dirty is the quickest and easiest method, it's messy but fun and only takes a few minutes to make the stiff dough, imagine you're pounding fibro! Can take an extra minute if you use crushed, rather than ground, almonds)

The recipe says this serves 12. The recipe lies, it served 6 the first time and 8 the second. I found 8 worked better, my 6 were a little on the large side but if they're tiny I think calling them rock cakes is a bit cheeky. You need to pop them on a baking tray, keep them reasonably apart as they can spread out a little and heat on 190 degrees (I think gas 5) for 15 minutes or until golden and brown. I find nearer 20 mins works best for my oven. Don't worry, they will harden further once they're out the oven (sometimes they're a bit squishy still when they come out). Sprinkle a little extra caster sugar over them and enjoy!

xxx
Schnoodle
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:58 pm

Schnoodle, I've resized the piccie for you. Looks very sticky and yummy :clap: :clap: :clap: This linky will take you to an free online picture resizing site that I often use.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Ldyalb » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:09 pm

I'll take a piccie of my rock cakes next time, I think only ones I have are on my phone and I've lost my cable :(
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Ldyalb » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:11 pm

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... 8gOkwPWoAw

They'll look something like that... ignore that recipe, mine's blate the best :wink:
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Schnoodle » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:34 pm

i made chicken risotto with mushrooms and peas last night (hubby had to do the chopping and stirring) but it was devine - the first time i attempted it too! yum yum yum!

xx
Schnoodle
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:47 pm

Sounds nice schnoodle. Risotto can be very tricky to get right, glad you enjoyed it :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tonight's culinary delights for us involve coley fillets being coated in parmesan cheese and herby breadcrumbs with roasted veggies and something done to potatoes, just not sure what yet :dunno: :dunno: :?: :?:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Schnoodle » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:54 pm

oooh lovely we are having haddock in a mornay sauce (which is cheesy) i think with cabbage and mash.
Schnoodle
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:14 pm

Nice, a good cheesey sauce is always nice with fish :clap: :clap: :clap:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Adele » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:45 pm

ok. hands up who else is having pizza tonight? :tongueout:
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:19 pm

Ooooh, might make pizza next week, got some pasta flour to use up and it makes a good dough for the base :clap: :clap: :clap:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Adele » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:13 pm

my friday night pizza recipe:

1 preheat oven to 220 degrees
2 remove pizza from freezer and put in oven for 12 minutes
3 eat it

:pigoink 1: xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:23 pm

Hope you've enjoyed your pizza Adele, and recommendations for toppings, I've got as far as spinach and mozzarella so far, just need something to finish it off :dunno: :mrgreen:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Schnoodle » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:53 pm

Are you veggie fluppy? Chicken would be good or maybe peppers and onions etc? X
Schnoodle
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Craft