[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Baking - Recipies and pictures.

Baking - Recipies and pictures.

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Baking - Recipies and pictures.

Postby Ldyalb » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:54 pm

Lol Adele your pizza sounds fab :) I had pizza with the boyfriend yesterday, accompanied with chips and beans. Yum. Had curry tonight!

I made a pizza at school in year 8, I'd forgotten my ingredients so the teachers made me scrat the other kids' leftover ingredients, it ended up with 3 different cheeses, bacon, pineapple and ham I think. It was really tasty :)

Anyway I've linked to the pics of my rock cakes, chucked in a lamb hotpot (last Sunday's roast as we were feeling too lazy to make an actual roast lol) for good measure as well :mrgreen:

http://s1177.photobucket.com/albums/x35 ... CN1321.jpg
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby lrgatrell88 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:14 am

Well I am just getting into bed after icing 30 cupcakes for my sons party tomorro. I cheated and brought pre made ones as I just didn't have the energy to make them from scratch.

Every year I make his birthday cakes. This year he asked for a dinosaur bones one. I've made a big rectangle chocolate sponge covered in choc fudge icing. Then to make it look like theres dirt on top I crushed up bourbon biscuits and sprinkled Them over it.

I'm hoping to be able to make dinosaur bone shaped sugar cookies tomorro morning. The idea is that the cake looks like a dinosaur dig site. Well that's the idea. Lol. I have done all of this this evening as the last few days I gave been too ill to move of the sofa. I could let him down.

If the sugar cookies don't go to plan then I'll be goin to the shop to buy some bug shaped sweets to put on top instead! Lol.

Xxx
lrgatrell88
UKFM Member

Postby Schnoodle » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:51 am

Wow lydalb they look scrummy! I didn't shape mine so they were more heaped but I like how yours look better.

Irgatrell88 you must be exhausted. That sounds like a fab idea though. Bless you xx
Diagnosed with severe fibromyalgia/cfs febuary 2009.
Schnoodle
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:17 am

That dinosaur cake sounds fab, can I come to your house? pweeeease? :P

I'm wanting to experiment with cup cakes when I have money (I've admired all the glitter icing and sprinkles in Sainsburys for too long) and I reckon I'll just buy pre made bases, ideal for when you don't have the energy to go the whole hog but still want to enjoy the decorating part :)

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby lrgatrell88 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:19 pm

The dinosaur cake came out really well. Will try and put a pic up soon.
I really like decorating cakes xx
lrgatrell88
UKFM Member

Postby Adele » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:55 pm

ok girls, i am not going to be outdone. i have dragged myself from my sick bed and away from poor sick murph and handcrafted a dozen coffee flavoured cupcakes. :tongueout: no piccies i'm afraid but they are delicious. :clap:

:coffee1: + :cake: = :lol:
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:28 pm

Lol sounds great :) You've made me want :cake: now and I have none without breaking in to a new one the bf and I have agreed won't be opened until after Easter else it'll go stale when we're back at our parents houses.

Tempted to :easter1: the easter eggs...

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby carrieokay » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:05 am

Oooh you're all making me hungry... pop a doggy bag in the post please?
:dogrun1:

I used to love cooking... just wondering, does anyone have a stool in the kitchen? I was thinking maybe a gas lift one with like a bike seat? And wheels to scoot about? Heck maybe I'll just put the bike in there :easter3: :crazy:
Carrie

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four.
Unless there are three other people.
carrieokay
UKFM Member

Postby lrgatrell88 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:20 am

Lol. That sounds like a plan. I have one in mine. Originally for my son but I use it more. My kitchen is tiny. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Lol. So not aloof space to move around in. Xxx
lrgatrell88
UKFM Member

Postby carrieokay » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:44 am

Well you've all inspired me sooooo much that when I spotted a breadmaking machine in a charity shop I didn't walk past it :o

I've got as far as downloading the manual and it looks really cool, no deadarm from mixing, dropping stuff or falling over from standing too long. Just dump the ingredients in and switch on. It does cakes too. :cake:

So I'll get some strong flour and yeast when the shops open + when I can get out. Sadly, as I live alone, I'll have to eat it all myself :lol:

Has anyone else got any experience with these? :fingerscrossed: it's fibro heaven!
Carrie

carrieokay
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:59 am

I "inherited" a very early model of a breadmaker and altho it does take soooo much out of the kneading and mixing, the taste never seemed quite right, not enough salt altho I was putting in more than the recipe stated (I'd helped my father bake bread since being a small child) However, that was before the packets of bread mix recipes were available so widely and in such varieties. A lot of these seem to be designed for breadmakers so they might be worth a look at. And as it's just for you, maybe making rolls or smaller loaves might be worth a try so you can freeze them and take what you need when you need it??

Good luck :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby carrieokay » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:31 am

Well I actually got to a shop yesterday ( :clap: please) and bought strong flour and yeast. And bananas for banana bread.

As soon as I've recovered from walking round Asda I'll be giving it a try and will let you know. But don't hold your breath! :wink:
Carrie

carrieokay
UKFM Member

Postby Hjp75 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:47 am

It was my nieces 15 birthday last week so I made her a cupcake bouquet but sadly my iPod app won't let me add a pic :(
it was my first time trying it and it looked amazing if I do say so myself :) I even managed to do two tone butter icing lol
When I work out how I'll add a pic

Thanks Helena xxx
Hjp75
UKFM Member

Postby Schnoodle » Tue May 03, 2011 1:06 pm

ooh helena that sounds yummy! well done you x :cake: :cake:
Diagnosed with severe fibromyalgia/cfs febuary 2009.
Schnoodle
UKFM Member

Postby Hjp75 » Tue May 03, 2011 2:08 pm

cake i made for my nieces 15th birthday xxx
Attachments
cupcake flowers.jpg
cupcake flowers.jpg (72.06 KiB) Viewed 4770 times
Hjp75
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Craft