[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - I'm so excited!

I'm so excited!

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I'm so excited!

Postby cherryblossom » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:25 pm

Hi All! :D :D :D I just had to burst and tell someone! I'm going to my first spinning (of wool) class tomorrow with my future daughter in law! I know it's daft and it's just a manky woolly thing but it means loads to me. My children bought me a spinning wheel for my birthday a few years ago and all the kit with it but I have never got round to using it. My daughter in law inherited her granny's wheel a few months ago, so, seeing as we have a permanent supply of fleece, will make use of them. It's an all day thing so I'm hoping I can cope with it - it's only one day a month so :fingerscrossed: . I can't wait, most of my ancesters were spinners so my dad says it should come naturally to me, I hope! I've had a good sort-out of paperwork (at last!) as well, doing it like my cbt therapist told me and so this week I've finally achieved something! Only small, but one step done is another closer to my goals! Anyway guys, just wanted to shout it from the rooftops - sorry. Will let you know how it goes. Take care all. Cherry :blowkiss: :grouphug:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Re: I'm so excited!

Postby Schnoodle » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:58 am

Tha fantastic cherry i hope you have a great time. Let us know how you get on.
Diagnosed with severe fibromyalgia/cfs febuary 2009.
Schnoodle
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:22 am

Brilliant Cherry hope you really enjoy it :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Well done over the paperwork, baby steps is the way :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:32 pm

Good luck, hope it all goes well. :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby animalhouse » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:06 pm

have a great tiime - its great to have the engery to do something for you again.

enjoy. :flowers: :flowers:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:19 pm

yay cherry have a great time :woot: :woot:

i no where to come when i want some wool now :lol: :lol: :lol:

well done on getting paperwork done tooooo :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby motherelephant » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:57 pm

Little things can give us such a boost ,thats why it's so important to do things for ourselves when we feel well enough rather than the housework .Hope you have a great time Cherry .Motherelle . :clap:
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby Nellyphant » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Good for you! Sounds great, I hope you enjoy it and manage to get through the day.
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby cherryblossom » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:45 pm

Hi All! :D Well, myself and son's fiancee went to spinning class with our wheels etc and we had a fantastic time! Learnt loads and all were really friendly, nothing like I imagined it might be. So now I can add it to my list of 'can do's' and keep on with it at home. The group meets once a month which is great as I don't have to feel on top of the world every day! We did spinning all morning and had a speaker for the afternoon. I do have to admit to something tho - I kept falling asleep during the talk - that sort of 'still heard every word but was aware of not being awake 'things! Was a bit :oops: but I did have my bright yellow fibro wristband on me for all to see so I think I got away with it and son's partner kept poking me! :crazy: It was because I hadn't moved around much and it was the time of day where I nod off if I'm going to and I haven't been sleeping well again so that wasn't much help! I do feel very sore tonight in my shoulders and ankles but the main thing was I had a great time, I'll be going again and I don't have to commit loads of time to it - it really is just a hobby gruop with loads of nice extras thrown in! Anyway, you're all bored now but thanks for 'listening'. Take care all of you and loadsa gentle :hugs: :hugs: Cherry :blowkiss:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby Claire Spong » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:55 pm

Glad you had a great time!
I know this is off topic but you say you have a yellow fibro wrist band and others on one of the fibro Facebook sites have said about purple ribbons and fibro ducks but where do you get hold of them? The wrist band especially sounds like a good idea.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
Dx March 2011
Read my blog about how I'm coping with finding out I have Fibro on: http://fibronewbie.blogspot.com/
Claire Spong
UKFM Member

Postby cherryblossom » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:37 pm

Hi. Yes, I got the wristbands from fibromyalgia-associationuk.org. There is a shop on that site where you can buy various itwms of clothing to make others aware of fibro. I alaways wear a wristband when I'm out as they're bright yellow and always attract attention - if nothing else it gets people talking to you about it. Hope this helps. Cherry :blowkiss:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby Claire Spong » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:06 am

Thank you, I have ordered one and a couple of other bits.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
Dx March 2011
Read my blog about how I'm coping with finding out I have Fibro on: http://fibronewbie.blogspot.com/
Claire Spong
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:44 pm

Glad you had a good time Cherry and dont think we'll ever be bored of hearing good news its great :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :wave: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby HazelB » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:56 pm

really glad that your spinning class went well ...and I wouldnt be too worried about dozing off in the afternoon, as I too tend to get a bit tired as the afternoon wears on, and have dozed off in many a place. I would just explain to them beforehand that you find it tiring being there all day, and that if you nod off, its not that you are being rude its because of your health condition.

I too wear a FMA UK wristband ... and it can be a great way of starting a conversation, as people always are nosey and want to ask what its for.

enjoy your spinning xxx
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:43 pm

:woot: :woot: have a great time cherry when it comes. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Craft