[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - I'm so excited!

I'm so excited!

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: I'm so excited!

Postby carrieokay » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:44 am

Oooh Cherry that sounds great! I know a couple of people who do spinning. One has her own sheep, spins the wool and does the most amazing needlefelting. I'd love to do some creative embroidery with hand crafted wool... but I'd better sort out my paperwork first :wink:
Hope you'll post a pic in due course.

By the way, Fibroducks are free from . I love the little tender spots on him and the way he leans to one side :lol: People send in pics of their ducks in all sorts of places but I haven't seen one with a spinning wheel yet!!!!
Carrie

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four.
Unless there are three other people.
carrieokay
UKFM Member

Postby scottiedog » Mon May 23, 2011 10:31 pm

Hi there. I'm new to the forum so thought i'd pop in and ask how your spinning is going? I've been using a spindle for about 5 or 6 years but have never managed to make friends with my wheels. I've got an ashford a pvc pipe charka and a little charka box wheel from India.
Did you mean that you have sheep? If so what breed? I love the wooly wee blighters grin.
Mue
scottiedog
UKFM Member

Postby cherryblossom » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:14 pm

Hi All. :wave: Just thought I'd pop back here as havn't 'popped in' for a while! Well, I have been practising my spinning and it's coming along ok. I'm by no means the world's best but I'm enjoying it :D which is the main thing. Yes, we did have our own sheep until my DS had to give his smallholding up due to a landlady from hell, another story! But at the moment I have about 90 fleeces so I'm certainly not going to run out for a while! They are all different breeds as kept a mixed breed flock. I love sheep, I grew up with them and they have a quirkiness all of their own. 30 years later and I still love lambing and all the ups and downs it brings, I am so going to miss it next year :( . But I do keep my eyes open for particular fleeces. A year or so ago I bought 20 black welsh mountain fleeces with the hope one day of spinning it all then having a wool cloak made out of it. I used to have a 100% black wool coat for lambing as it was so warm and lambing isn't! but sadly it is no more! :( . I would love to get hold of a Herdwick fleece as they are menat to be great for spinning. My aim is eventually one day to be able to make my own felt pieces as I've seen loads of gorgeous things made form felt and I would love to do it! I have an Ashford wheel, a slightly later model apparently, but as long as it spins I don't care. Excuse my ignorance please scottiedog but I have no idea what a charka is! But it sounds interesting! Anyway guys, if any of you want to buy a fleece then please let me know as some will have to go soon as I'm running out of storage! Well, best go. Take care all and loadsa :hugs: :hugs: Cherry :blowkiss:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby cherryblossom » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:20 pm

Scottiedog - just read another post of yours on here about treadling. It takes hours of practice believe me :crazy: ! Just keep it in front of you when watching the tv or something and practice without any wool on it, just empty, until you find a rhythm of your own. I know it's hard, when I started I was going forwards then backwards and all sorts! So one of my fellow 'senior' spinners told me to do what I've told you. Just keep at it, it will come! Good luck and let us know how you get on. Take care. Cherry :hugs: :blowkiss:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby sweet princess » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:58 pm

Oh wow. Sounds good! Hope you can oput some pictures up. Would love to see how you're doing. :blowkiss:

I know what a charka is. It's a spinning wheel in my lingo. :chicken-dance:
sweet princess
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Craft