[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - crochet anyone?

crochet anyone?

A place to discuss any sort of crafting and show off your work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: crochet anyone?

Postby Bebbe » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:11 pm

Hi, :wave: I found crochet patterns confusing after being a knitter since the age of 7, I found Youtube very useful when I needed help with different stitches.
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby Twins Mum » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:52 pm

Thank you I have been looking at You Tube as well so much easier seeing someone actually doing it that looking at a flat picture in a book. I have found out my version of what I thought a treble was worked out was, well wrong :lol: Tonight I have started on a babies Beanie hat from a pattern but I dare it will come out looking like a tea cosy :facepalm: :D
Twins Mum
UKFM Newbie

Postby Amberwillow » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:05 pm

I am always in awe of people who can knit and crotchet... I haven't got a clue. Anyways.. your creations are fab ladies.. I love them :D
“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.”—Thomas Merton
Amberwillow
UKFM Member

Postby Bebbe » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:44 am

My version of a double crochet turned out to one and a half crochet :lol:
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby Bebbe » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:00 pm

Hi :wave: I've been crocheting again if there's any Discworld fans you might like my version of the luggage that follows Rincewind and I have also made Parappa from the playstion 1 game Parappa the Rapper.
DSCF0139.JPG
DSCF0139.JPG (43.68 KiB) Viewed 4333 times
Attachments
DSCF0145.JPG
DSCF0145.JPG (64 KiB) Viewed 4327 times
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:08 am

:lol: :lol: love them :welldone:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:17 am

They are brilliant :clap: :clap: :clap: :welldone: :welldone:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Bebbe » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby sweet princess » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:45 pm

These are really gorgeous ladies :blowkiss: Love the flower and the cute ginger bread men. I want to learn crochet badly. But my hand crapms just holding a pen. So I don't think it's going to be possible :roll:
sweet princess
UKFM Member

Postby clarasmummy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:35 pm

hi

I love to crochet too :-)

lovely work :-)

Muriel
clarasmummy
UKFM Newbie

Postby jennylincs » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:27 pm

I also love to crochet, i have not long taken up tunisian crochet, which i find works up a lot quicker than ordinary crochet :D
jennylincs
UKFM Newbie

Postby clarasmummy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:41 am

I've never heard of tunisian crochet? How did you learn about it?
clarasmummy
UKFM Newbie

Postby Bebbe » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:13 pm

I discovered and learned how to do Tunisian crochet by watching videos on youtube
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby MollieH » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:43 pm

My Mum was always very crafty and tried to teach me how to knit, but only a couple of months ago did I finally pick it up (at the age of 26) from watching a YouTube video with my very logical thinking fiance to guide me through it! Got 'hooked' on crochet a few weeks later. I find it more difficult than knitting at the moment, particularly putting stitches in the right place! Also I am naturally left handed, though I knit and crochet right handed as it's far easier than having to learn everything back to front or hunt around for books for lefties!

Made quite a few things now with crochet, bit nervous of posting a pic yet, shall wait till I improve a bit!
MollieH
UKFM Member

Postby druid of the hill » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:50 pm

Hello :wave: newbie here, hope you don't mind me butting in lol.

I have knitted for years, but couldn't get the hang of crochet ... until recently. Now I can't stop hehe, have been working mainly on blankets, have one granny style on the sofa, did a small granny style one for my youngest to take to school for the class teddy bear. My friend gave me 7 balls of wool in different colours of the rainbow, so have bought some black wool and am now making small squares in black and each colour. When I have used all the yarn will put it together, hopefully be big enough to cover the bed in our van :D

Am catching up on knitting projects atm, but once they're all done will be attempting a more ambitious crochet project ;)
druid of the hill
UKFM Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Craft