Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: crochet anyone?

Postby Bebbe » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:53 pm

Thanks
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby Mollie May » Thu May 24, 2012 1:28 pm

Lovely pieces shown in this thread! :-D I really enjoy crochet, at the moment I am making a shawl, not long finished a couple of cushion covers. Our eldest daughter is getting married next year and she has asked me to make a small white cushion with a flower in the middle to hold their wedding rings during the ceremony. I find it helps get my hands moving, as they get very stiff. :-) I love making flower brooches too and putting them on bags or scarfs, well...just about anything really.
Mollie May
UKFM Newbie

Postby Andrew_Z » Sun May 27, 2012 4:06 pm

I tried knitting once. Got to the end of the first row and couldn't get any further, so gave up. I prefer embroidery and sewing (mending). It's lovely to work with coloured threads. Well I'm not someone to waste good clothes and like to convert things. :-)
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Postby Bebbe » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:03 pm

I've been crocheting again this time I've made a doll from the Sega Saturn game called Nights Into Dreams
Nights.jpg
Nights.jpg (31.91 KiB) Viewed 5305 times

I'm really pleased how its hands turned out
Nights hand.jpg
Nights hand.jpg (17.39 KiB) Viewed 5305 times

And the eye's
Nights face.jpg
Nights face.jpg (19.09 KiB) Viewed 5305 times
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby C4thy » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:24 pm

I'm a complete yarn addict and I love to crochet. I learn as a child but took it up again as a way to keep my hands mobile when arthur hit. I have to admit though that I am rubbish at knitting no matter how hard I try. :roll:

There are some gorgeous items posted here. As a newbie I'm not sure yet how to use advanced features like photobucket so I'll have to have a little play some time. I'm not sure I'm supposed to post anything either as I do sell some items on Etsy so prevent my house becoming over run with projects. I'm assuming work in progress would be ok. Either way it's not a problem if I can't figure out how to use photobucket!!

I think I'll really get to enjoy this section of the forum as I'm always keen to find new ways to occupy my mind now I spend so much time at home.

Before I forget, if you haven't found it, check out Ravelry (sp?) for lots of free patterns online and plenty of inspiration. Have a cuppa to hand as I get lost in there for hours! :-D
C4thy
UKFM Member

Postby Bebbe » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:54 pm

Hi C4thy,
I have also discovered Ravelry its a brilliant site, I am also a little bit over run with my crochet toys I give most of them to my brother who likes the ones made from video games all of my toys are made from my own patterns. Hope you get some of your pics uploaded soon :-)
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby SharonL42 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:10 pm

I taught myself to crochet last year using the magazine they bought out. I'd always wanted to learn - have been able to knit since I was a child but was always fascinated by my Godmother crocheting away all day when I went to visit her. I used to get bed socks from her every Christmas even though I never wore them!

I started a lovely pink jumper but haven't even finished the front yet - my hands keep seizing up. I gave it up for a few months but recently found it again in a clear out and am determined to finish it - even it it takes another year! Some days I only manage one row of stitches but I will finish it one day :-D

Sharon x
Keep Smiling :)
SharonL42
UKFM Member

Postby bluesheep » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:16 pm

Hi
I have been crocheting for a few years now and discovered a while back a set of crochet hooks that have a built up handle to attach them it says provo craft on the case. I have found it really helps me with hand pain and there are two diffrent handles one very built up with a hook to rest your finger on so you can grip it easily and the other is just a chunky handle.
bluesheep
UKFM Member

Postby C4thy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:20 pm

I've just ordered some Tunisian crochet hooks. I'm quite excited!! I've always liked the look of knitting but never got on with it so I'm going to have a go at learning Tunisian crochet. Has anyone else done this? And how did you get on with it?
C4thy
UKFM Member

Postby Bebbe » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:43 pm

Hi C4thy, Tunisian crochet is very easy when you get the hang of it you can also make it look like your work was knitted to.Check out Youtube there are lots of tutorials on how to do Tunisian crochet :lol:
If you look on page 2 of this thread there's a picture of a character called Parappa the rapper I made him using Tunisian crochet.
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby C4thy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:32 am

Thanks Bebbe, I'll take a look on you-tube. Seeing it done is always easier than reading it in a book. :-)
C4thy
UKFM Member

Postby Bebbe » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi everyone, I have a couple of my own patterns on http://www.ravelry.com free to down load, one is a little fox called Tails from the sonic the hedgehog video games and the other is a Teddy bear made two ways, just click on patterns then type Beverleys into the search bar on the ravelry site.
tiny tails.jpg
tiny tails.jpg (2.93 KiB) Viewed 4947 times
big ted.jpg
big ted.jpg (3.12 KiB) Viewed 4947 times
small ted.jpg
small ted.jpg (27.53 KiB) Viewed 4947 times
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby welshwolverine1969 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:27 pm

lovely things everyone.x...i use to knit but since the fibro i find i cant do it anymore because the pain is bad....but i can crochet and i do enjoy it just do it when the pain is at a level i can cope with x
welshwolverine1969
UKFM Member

Postby singinglynn » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:29 am

Hello All!
I'm a keen crocheter (such an adjective I wonder?) and I have found that it is much easier on the fingers/wrists than knitting. I have become more interested recently after finding a wonderful site on t'internetwebbiethingy and then Facebook by a lady called Lucy at Attic24 (I have no affiliation with this lady or sites - oh I wish!) The thing that caught my eye was her wonderful, cheerful colours which brighten the darkest, pain filled days.
I am currently trying to finish a ripple blanket in shades of blue so that I can get on with another blanket in a miriad of colours, to cheer me up. It can be slow progress but I'm trying to keep the fingers working as much as possible when I can.
There are some wonderful photos of your work - very inspiring.
singinglynn
UKFM Newbie

Postby moomoos » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:36 am

Hi singinglynn

I just want to say thank you so so so much for telling us about attic24..... I looked it up immediately and found such a fantastic site there. My God she's so inspiring. I will be spending hours in the attic from today.

Thank you for sharing and good luck with your very colourful blanket :-D xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Craft