[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - RECIPES!!!

RECIPES!!!

Discuss issues with weight and any diet tips that might help.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: RECIPES!!!

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:55 am

Thats got my mouth watering already :-P i love mushrooms so that mushroom soup sounds lush :-D

I also love the idea of the KFC receipe mmmmmmm :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby pixiecat » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:56 am

Makes 12 slices at 2.5 sins each / 30 sins whole cake
Ingredients;
1 cup canderell
3oz mixed fruit
3oz wholemeal flour
1 level table spoon syrup
1 level table spoon black treacle
142ml skimmed milk
1 beaten egg
1 level table spoon mixed spice
6 scan bran
1 grated apple
Method; Break up the scan bran till you have bowl of crumbs
Add canderel, fruit, and mixed spices
Pour milk over mixture and leave to soak for 2 hours
Add beaten egg, treacle, and syrup stir well
Add flour and mix to a sticky consistency
Pour mixture into 1lb loaf tin
Bake for 50 mins on gas 5 electric 375
pixiecat

Postby pixiecat » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:56 am

Syns: 12 Syns for the whole cake!

You will need:
5 Scan Bran, broken into small pieces
1oz/28g sieved icing sugar
2 level tbsp golden syrup
4 tbsp artificial sweetener
2 beaten eggs
1 pot quark skimmed milk soft cheese

1Soak the Scan Bran in a little hot water until soft.
2Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
3Place in a parchment lined loaf tin and bake at 190ºC/Gas Mark 5 for 30–35 minutes
pixiecat

Postby pixiecat » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:57 am

Syns: 9 Syns for the whole cake

You will need:
5 Scan Bran
3 beaten eggs
1 level tbsp golden syrup
1oz cocoa powder
½ mug sweetener

1Soak the Scan Bran in boiling water to soften. Then drain and mash.
2Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a microwavable bowl.
3Microwave on high for 7 minutes. When cooked the cake will be springy to the touch and will have pulled away from the side.
4For a free topping, pile with (defrosted) frozen forest fruits or top with chocolate spread (4½ Syns per tbsp).

Hope these keep you going
pixiecat

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:04 pm

:-D :-D :-D :-D Ooooo my favourites chooci cake and fudge cake :chicken-dance: mmmmmmmm thank you
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:10 pm

Fudge cake mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

Just been Googling Scan Bran to see what it was and how else it might be used/eaten and I came across a couple of Slimming World threads on a couple of forums saying that they had used Ryvitas in place of the Scan Bran and the recipes had turned out just as well as when the Scan Bran was used.

If anyone is wanting to have a go and can't get hold of Scan Bran easily, Ryvitas may be a suitable alternative to try :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Andrew_Z » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:18 pm

This forum was supposed to be dedicated to assisting those with weight problems.

Therefore please subsitute any references to "fudge cake", or "chocolate", with the word "lettuce." :lol:
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:53 am

thanks flupp was just wondering what scan bran is.

gluten/dairy free substitues.

may be able to substituet for gluetn with special flour if anyone needs adn magarines with dairy free stuff - i use lacto free products.

will check what scan bran is - i have flaxseed i use as a bran substitie in smoothies etc so will check if that ok.

i have had veg/bacon soup was yummy.

BACON & MIXXED VEG SOUP

bag of chopped veg/casserole mix
chopped cooking bacon bits
couple pints water
veg stock cube

1. put bacon under grill to crisp for about 10/15mins.
2. put veg in pan with stock and boiling water.
3. add bacon and simmer for 1/2 hour.

be careful of salt because of bacon adn stock cubes.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby pixiecat » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:03 pm

Sorry everyone, fog got me :roll: :crazy: I posted in another thread what the scan bran was, you can get it from holland and barret too, and its helpfull that FluppyPuffy found out that you can substitute ryvitas

Hope you all ok today and if you want a particular recipie feel free to ask and if I have one I will post it :fingerscrossed:

Lorraine
pixiecat

Postby Andrew_Z » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:05 am

This is one of my favourites, cheese stuffed chicken from the old OXO cookbook.
Attachments
CHEESE_STUFFED_CHICKEN.jpg
CHEESE_STUFFED_CHICKEN.jpg (145.59 KiB) Viewed 5096 times
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Postby pixiecat » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:19 am

That sounds good and to reduce the fat content you could use quark, you find it in asda with the continental cheese also I think in tesco
it is a bland cream cheese great for cooking with, I use it for things like carbanara etc

Lorraine
pixiecat

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Nice idea about using the quark Lorraine :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: You could mix some herbs in with the quark to add a bit of an extra flavour to it as well :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I love it when you get a recipe and start coming up with different ideas to add to it or change :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: It is by doing that, we have come up with some interesting meals at home that have become regular favourites :clap: :clap: :clap:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Previous

Return to Weight Issues