weight

Discuss issues with weight and any diet tips that might help.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

weight

Postby war veteran » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:33 pm

i know that i gained alot weight due to fact cant exersize no more but my weight atm dont know where it wants to be one day ill be 17stone next day ill be 18 and it aint the scales as my partners weight dont do it either.

i dont know why im gaining weight tho as i hardly eat ill have maybe one meal a day usually salmon or chicken so not fattening :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x

my mrs weighed herself other day and found out im double her weight woops only benefit is im ft and half taller lol 6ft4 u dont look to fat lol
thank fook :-P :-P :-P
war veteran
UKFM Member

Re: weight

Postby denys » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:16 pm

Hi WV have moved your post into here as its more suitable, most of us seem to have problems with our weight and maybe you arent eating enough if you are only having one meal a day, your metabolism will have gone into starvation mode and slowed right down as your body doesnt know when its going to get food again.

Maybe try eating a little more regularly but keeping it healthy and see if that helps, also try some armchair exercises, I still cant get past the warm up but at least I'm doing more than I was anyway :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck1: :happy-new-year-group-1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby war veteran » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:09 am

i tried the exersizes and had to stop pushed for a week and was invalided for 2 lol kept passing out i try keep myself not still as much as i can tho.
the thing is im eating when im hungry lol i cant eat if im not lol
war veteran
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:06 pm

i am struggling with weight as well have a wii fit but its a struggle to do anything on it.

the best thing i have had is hydrotherapy.

normal physio was too hard, went to hydro and was more comfortable but had to be careful not to push too hard at the time so not too exhausted after - and it helped me get the swimming bug again.

had 8 sessions of hydro referred from dr then they gave me a form to pay to go to sessions myself( haven't got round to doing this yet :oops: as wanted a break from endles drs appointmtnets)

but i have gone swimming at least once every week.

its hard to find the right exercise but i am with you don;t eat alot but then not exercising much either as dont go out for walks anymore so occasion nip round supermarket once a week is my limit or drs appt.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby sweetleaf2 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:26 pm

I have also gained a lot of weight, it started to go on early last year, fibro, menopause and medication,( plus a holiday in what must be the most fattening country to visit, France) but I have gained 21 pounds in that time, now I feel like a fat lump, I bought a swimming costume, but Im afraid to be seen in it. I used to be quite slim, probably because my job involved an awful lot of walking, up to 25 miles a week ! (Honest, and Ive got the varicose veins to prove it) lol.
I cant imagine doing that now..or ever again. I promised to post some leaflets for a friend a few months ago and I only got half way up the first road before I had to turn round and go home, depressed and in so much pain it took days to get over it. I had a gadget that made your stomach muscles clench and release by means of a tiny electric shock, and I got as far as putting a new battery in it.
I am too scared to go any further :yikes:
I guess I`m destined to stay fat....
I`m not over the hill I`m still climbing it, thats why I`m so tired all the time
sweetleaf2
UKFM Member

Postby MichelleJ » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:14 pm

Sweatleaf, I've got one of those belts too that contract your muscles. Trouble is, I've used it 3 times now on the slowest, shortest setting and every time I end up sore and in pain. Want to persevere but its not easy! Physio told me he doesn't rate them for weight loss so not as worried now but would like to tone up.

I've put on since october 2010 over 3 stone. On a diet now for nearly 3 weeks and last weigh in had lost 3lb but had a bad week this week so eaten too much. (prob still within the 2000 calories but i'd slashed them to 1000/1200 a day). Just feel like its not gonna shift very easily. I was 8 1/2 stone and i'm now 11 1/2 stone after the 3 lb loss. Always been skinny apart from when the steroids piled 2 1/2 stone on a few years back but managed to diet and walk that off again plus more. I don't think i look too bad but other half has said i'm getting too big and my stomach looks flabby and flabs out over my trousers. I think its lack of exercise as i went from walking for hours a day with work to hardly anything in that time. Plus i think the meds i'm taking, particularly gabapentin, are impacting it too.
Dx with fibromyalgia m.e/Cfs and asthma
MichelleJ
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:37 am

that gabapentin does seem to the the culprit but what else is there we can take,

some of the other posts on here have lots of info to read but i am with you, trying to do abit of exervicse everyday as realised i dont move much unles too put kettle on as don;t do the housework or cook anymore.

hate being bigger just need a stragety. :-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to Weight Issues