[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Dieting - pig to twig/idiot proof diet

Dieting - pig to twig/idiot proof diet

Discuss issues with weight and any diet tips that might help.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Lubilou » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:10 pm

I've started to do this, i feel much better and my pain has improved slightly (not sure if it's because i've lost a stone in a week or genuinely a reduction in pain).

Does anyone else do this diet?
Lubilou
UKFM Member

Re: Dieting - pig to twig/idiot proof diet

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:22 pm

Not heard of this one. I'd be a little concerned about losing a stone in a week, it sounds like it's crashing off rather than a steady and sustained loss.

Have you got a link to its site??

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:25 pm

me neither sounds quite drastic :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: I've moved it into here as its more appropriate
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lrgatrell88 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:42 pm

I've never heard of it either? What do u have to do on it? X
lrgatrell88
UKFM Member

Postby Lubilou » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:54 pm

http://www.pig2twig.co.uk

It's a low carb diet - one which i was recommended by a doctor. I'm sure most of what i have lost was fluid. Seems there is a lot of Fibro sufferers on their forum.
Lubilou
UKFM Member

Postby lrgatrell88 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:07 pm

I must admit I'm pretty rubbish at diets. Lol. I'll have a look. Glad it's working for you x
lrgatrell88
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Fluid is usually what is mainly lost in the early days of a diet, just make sure you're still drinking enough so you don't dehydrate. I sound like my mother now :facepalm: :facepalm:

It will be interesting to hear how you go on with it :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :goodluck2:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Nellyphant » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:50 pm

I've cut out all gluten recently and most dairy and feeling much better and I've lost some weight. I've got the IPD books myself, there are some fabulous recipes in them. I might dig them out and have another go.
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby Lubilou » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:37 pm

You drink 2 litres plus on the 'diet' so you're always drinking! Also you detox in the first week so it's mainly water that you do drink anyway.

I love the cook books, i have found that you have to be prepared for it (which suits me as i like to have everything written down anyway!)
Lubilou
UKFM Member

Postby alikat1 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:10 pm

After much research as to what the best way of eating would be for me and hubby in order to lose and maintain weight I decided on Atkins. However, I also ordered the IPD book and found it was excellent for the emotional aspects of why we/I eat. Not written by doctors but by real women -who had a lot to lose. And did. 10st between them in a year. The recipes they have in the book are directly from a cookbook by Karen Barnaby. Very tasty and good! Last but not least -2weeks on this I am 1st1lb down. Now comes the slower 1-2lbs a week after initial loss...too bad it wasn't that fast throughout!

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Tapatalk
alikat1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:24 am

Brilliant Alikat hope it continues for you :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Lubilou » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:15 am

I have continued on this and lost 19lb so far. I feel so much better! I adore this way of eating and am for the first time probably getting more than my 5 a day consistently.
Lubilou
UKFM Member

Postby shelleydwales » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:21 am

Hi loubilou,
I do a variation of atkins,i. Dont measure salad or veggies,i came off over Christmas and have had increase in pain,fatigue and weight!! Im going back to it now so hopefully will see an improvement !! Well done with the weight loss!!! Xxx

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby Lubilou » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:23 pm

Thank you! You too on your weight loss :)
Lubilou
UKFM Member

Postby alikat1 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:36 pm

1st 2lbs down after 2 weeks...hubby has had to add another notch to his belt!

Sent from my MID_Serials using Tapatalk
alikat1
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Weight Issues