[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Diet diary

Diet diary

Discuss issues with weight and any diet tips that might help.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Diet diary

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:08 pm

:wave:

I wanted to start a topic on my diet. Whether you look in and reply or not i feel i need to do this for myself to keep the motivation.

I have been overweight all my life. Im a pear shape so its all hips/butt & thighs.

Recently had an awful few years with health and family and started comfort eating. As you may know im a chocci holic and love cake so a BIG sweet tooth.

Lately my stomach has bloated, feel like im carryin a baby and my confidence has been knocked and i havnt brought any new clothes for a long time. My back is giving up on me and my walking is severely effected and breathing bad.

Im a hefty size 24 and iv been squeezing into this size :oops: :oops:

I wont tell you my start weight :oops: but will do a weight loss weekly check in.

I am aiming to loose 2stone at a time as target weights as my goal is a long way away and too much for me to focus on so little at a time.

My main aim to get cut out carbs as well as the usual goodies. I started my diet on wednesday after i saw my GP and he said i was too fat/wide :oops: for the MRI scanner so may have to travel further a field. It shocked me enough to (which is what i needed really) into starting a diet and one i HAVE to stick to.

Now this is hard to do as its very embarressing letting this out BUT i feel it will help me keep my motivation up and hopefully gaining support when im craving for that [chocolate]

Im currently on day 4 and feeling dizzy from detoxing.

I find the bordum a killer when dieting plus being in bed alot resting from the CFS & back spasms dont help. Its gonna be a hard task but one i need to do for my health. I am lucky to have skipped any fat related conditions like high BP & diabetes etc but as i said above my back is giving up so the time has now come....

Wish me luck! :needhug:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Diet diary

Postby shazq » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:43 pm

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: Lisa we are all behind you, you can do it. :grouphug: :blowkiss:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:47 pm

I'll be following what you do Lisa, might give me some ideas or inspiration as I've got too much round me as well, sounds like we're similar shapes.

Be careful with cutting things out completely tho, everything in moderation is better as you can still have a little of your favourites. This linky might be helpful, it's advice from British Heart Foundation http://www.bhf.org.uk/plugins/Publicati ... esource=M2
It's a pdf you can download. It what I was given when I got the diabetes dx last year, and I started using it and it helped. It's a steady 1~2lb loss a week which means you have a better chance of keeping it off long term. It was working well, I wasn't hungry, but then things started happening and taking over everything so I fell off the wagon, and with more and more happening, I've not been able to get back on it. Been thinking about it and when/how to start again. Maybe get the CFS clinic out of the way, celebrate OH's half century burpday, then sticking both of us on seems like a plan.

Thanks Lisa :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:59 pm

hi lisa good luck ,you are ding the right thing in giving yourself smaller goals to reach.

if you like cake i will give you a recipe for a sugar free low fat fruit cake.
very easy to make filling and craving buster.
cant give it today as i cant remember them thease days even though i make them at work all the time.
also some healthy scones if you want.
anyway all the best .
take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:52 pm

Thanks for the PDF i will have a better look over the weekend :-) be great if you could join me :-D

I would love the recipe to the scones mmmm but im not a fruit cake person im afraid more or sponge, and loads a icing :shock: and my favourite is a coffee cake *mouth waters* but scones will be just fine :mrgreen:

I am trying to cut the carbs out/down and limiting myself to them as i suffer from bloating which does not help with my conditions. I am not a veggie person but love salad so i am trying to find ways of makin salad more apitising lol.

Im cutting down on meat and swopping some meals with qourn. I love fish so have brought some prawns and tuna. My mum has been great and helped me financialy start off my diet as i already spent my shopping budget before i decided to diet :roll:

I have swopped crisps/chocci & cake for jelly (10cals a pot) low fat yogurts/fruit and cup a soups if im in need of an inbetween nibble.

I have salad with my main meals to bulk it up, this i add maybe a boiled egg and some fresh chicken or prawns / ham.

I did tho tonight have a few (2) taco's as iv not had any carbs for a few days and there only 60 cals each and filled them with qourn mince and side salad.

My brekki is a small bowl of porridge as mum has given me some cambridge diet porridge sachets for now. My lunch is a slim fast and fruit. I will have to change that in time its a boost for now and then i will need some ideas for lunches so will have a look on the pdf

If anyone knows of varies lunch time easy and quick dishes i can have baring in mind low carb i would apricate it :-)
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:04 pm

The other problem im up against and you will all relate to this is exercise :-?

I am very restricted in my walking and do not walk fast enough to burn the calories nor far enough. I am tho trying to get out more with the help of my mum (shes been a star) and she also said she will buy me an exercise bike for my b/day in august. Ok yet again i wont be able to use it much but its to help gain strength in my legs were they have become very weak and for when i do not go out.

Im thinking even if i use it 10mins 3 x a day it be better the nothing :dunno: and then slowly building myself up although i know i'd never be able to do alot im sure just a little would still help.

Then once i get some confidence the swimming pool is at the end of my road so am thinking of going there once a week on ladies night. Not sure if and how much i'll be able to do but my intensions are good its whether or not all this will happen but its best to be positive. I'll also have to see what happens with my MRI scan to what exercise i am allowed to do etc....

Then i will have days were i cannot do anything with the fatigue & pain so i think its go by the day and see what happens...

Dont wanna be running before i can walk :lol: its just a plan i may take up :fingerscrossed:
*Lisa*

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:54 pm

hi lisa i will post the scone recipe for you after the wwekend as i am off untill wednesday yippe.

you are right any exersise will be good

you just need to keep going and not be down if you do have a off day and eat something you think you shouldnt,

sometimes you will get so fed up its best to have a little treat.

to keep you going you have got your diet head on and im sure you will succeed you have a great mum to give you the help and support

and you sound like you have the motivation.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:21 pm

If you could post the fruit cake recipe as well, I'd love to have a go at it, as well as the scones. I've been reducing the amount of sugar I put into things since the diabetes dx last year, but a recipe that doesn't actually use it would be even better :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lisa, wrt exercise, one of my aunts joined weight watchers to help with weight loss, and like you've described, had very similar issues with exercise and mobility. She too invested in an exercise bike, expecting that she wouldn't get that much use/help from it. She initially started with doing half a minute a couple of times a day, then steadily built up how long she could cycle, as well as the number of times she used it each day. The last I heard, she was doing 15mins at least 4 times a day and she'd hit her target weight and was holding steady.

If you start off doing a few seconds at a time a number of times a day and gradually build on it, it will all help. The latest diabetes newsletter I've had in says that even a minute of extra exercise helps, not just with glucose levels, but with general wellbeingness as well. And when I had my latest review, I was told the same then. Sitting in a chair and doing some gentle arm exercises will help, anything that gets you moving a little more than you would normally do all counts towards it.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:20 am

I'd like the recipes too please, lisa I'm with you too, in the same boat so need to start to do something so I'll be willing you on and trying to be good as well :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby masonsbarms » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:41 am

hi i will post both for you they are rely easy
take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:42 am

Thank you :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby pixiecat » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:41 am

Lisa good luck with your adventure :goodluck1: and :welldone: for making the start it is daunting when you set off but you will get there with all of us supporting you :-D

I joined slimming world 4 years ago and like you and most of us excercise is practically impossible but with the ideas and recipies that turn every day meals into slimming meals I lost 3st
I have put a few recipies on here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=10382 (hope this bit is right)

I am happy to put any recipies you might like on here just let me know, I too have a sweet tooth and could survive happily on cakes and sweets all day every day ah what a thought :lol: :oops:

Lorraine
pixiecat

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:40 pm

I tried a lot of the recipes you posted Lorraine and really enjoyed them :clap: :clap: :clap: WW do their own versions of them, but what I found with theirs was a real lack of taste/flavour. Not sure if it was the difference in amounts of the ingredients, but the Slimming World ones seem to have more flavour to them :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby animalhouse » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:04 pm

i really need to do this as i am going on holiday and its only a month away now :yikes: :yikes:

exercise is a problem for me too - been to gp and got a health referral to local sports centre, i've have had a gym induction and easiest thing was treadmill and exercise bike recliner but with it not actually on as couldn't peddle, and did them both for a bout 5mins.

i mean to start everyday but as today,

breakfast - banana, small size mars bar
went swimming for 1/2 hour and did some hydro exercises for 5 mins and tread water

lunch - piece veg quiche, 2 rice cracker/peanut butter, apple doughnut, :nono: :nono:

snack (cream egg :oops: )

dinner - pancake, banana, peanut butter

:oops: :oops: just realised as i don;t eat big plate full s of stuff don;t realise how i graze,

wouldn;t mind but bought 5 pots of cheap strawberries after swimming with intention of making smoothies/milkshakes but go for convenience verytimme. its 1/2 the battle not having the energy to do stuff. even put some veg in pan when got back from swimming..
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:52 am

Thanks all :-D

Great to hear about your aunty flup :woot: also helps me to think it can be done when mobility is restricted as that one a main worry.

Thanks lorriane will have a look at the recipes soon and :welldone: for your weight loss back then, have you managed to keep it off? :fingerscrossed:

:goodluck1: animal house for the gym, do you find the muscles are not as stiff? I also find getting the energy up to prepare & cut up fruit and salad a problem and i dont like the shops pre packed salad either or the bowls they do of salad & prawns or chicken as everything they make they add sweetcorn! :puke:

Today is day 6 weighin day wednesday. Feel like my stomach has gone down... well i have been a visitor to my toilet 100 times :roll: all good i suppose. Mainly water retension as my stomach had bloated sooo sooo badly.

Iv woken up very irratable and dizzy so must make sure i intake more fluids.

Not sure whats on the menu today as gettin fed up with salad.

Off to check out the receipes :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:
*Lisa*

Next

Return to Weight Issues