[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Weight loss weigh in

Weight loss weigh in

Discuss issues with weight and any diet tips that might help.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Weight loss weigh in

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:21 pm

Given it is the beginning of the New Year I thought I should start this up again.

Haven't been really trying since I last updated the thread but by some miracle it appears that I am down to 16st 2lb !! about 8lb less than when I started. :-D

I'm really pleased given all the sweet temptations there were around the house over Xmas, however I have noticed my eating habits have changed. I eat a reasonable breakfast but after that seem to live on cups of tea & toast with bananas & fruit. I can go a couple of days without eating an evening meaL.....it just seems too much effort & that's even when someone else cooks.

I have changed meds recently & was wondering if others have had the same experience when they have altered thier medication. I blame my initial weight gain on going on to Lyrica which seemed to turn me into an eating machine. sometimes I was munching on biscuits and didn't remember getting them out!!

Good luck to everyone out there who is wanting to make lifestyle changes in 2013!
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:44 pm

There have been a number of posts over time where people have said that their weight gain seemed to start/be linked to when they started taking Lyrica. With your recent meds twiddling have you stopped them or reduced your dosage???

The surprise 8lb loss is a nice start to things, hope more of them will be getting lost soon :goodluck2: :fingerscrossed: :goodluck2: :fingerscrossed: :goodluck2:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:49 pm

the Lyrica (pregabalin) has stayed the same FP but have changed other pain meds , now on long acting Tramadol rather than co codamol , which I think makes a bit of a difference as I don't feel as much nausea but have increased my Anti D's which in the past has also made gain a bit.

What ever it is , have to look on it positivley as I am now 8lb less than I was in October which for me is a minor miracle !

However at this rate .........it will only take another 4 years to reach target :lol: :lol: :crazy:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to Weight Issues