[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Carb free diet

Carb free diet

Discuss issues with weight and any diet tips that might help.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Carb free diet

Postby millymoodoo » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:01 pm

Hi all and a happy new year to you all :happy-new-year-group-1:

I am so desperate to lose some weight and am considering a carb free diet!!! Has anyone had any success with this diet? I know the odds are stacked against us with the meds we are on but I am desperate plus I am on high doses of steroids (prednisolone) I have been on them for the last 14 years continuously so its going to be hard. I couldn't believe how big I look on the Christmas foto's and I know I need to get rid of this excess fat that I am carrying. I have gone up to 13 and a half stone from 11 stone in 18 months and I feel awful and my clothes are showing the excess!!!!! I would be grateful for any idea's on how this can be shed, up until today I have only been having 1 meal a day and I know that I s bad as I only eat at teatime as I don't feel hungry during the day but by teatime I am starving and eat too much before bed so this needs to change quickly before I become stranded on that beach lol!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Milly :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Re: Carb free diet

Postby whoami » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:17 pm

Milly....a few years back I wanted, no needed, to get rid of some weight. I can tell you what I did and I dropped lbs quickly and kept it off for three years then my thyroid went wanky and I put some back on. I am starting it again on monday as I am desperate to drop 20lbs.

What I did was to get out my steamer. For brekky .....I had a small bowl of granola and 1% milk. or 2 rice cakes with
peanut butter

lunch....either tuna mixed into salad or chicken in a salad ( small amount)

night meal.....1 piece of steamed fish and steamed asparagus

I had a piece of fruit for a snack.

I drank water, boiling or cold or plain tea.

I dropped 10 lbs the first week and then between 5 and 6 lbs a week from then on.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:24 pm

Just popped you over to the weight board Milly

I have been on a low carb diet now for a week.

My mum is helping me financialy to pay for the exante diet (simular to cambridge diet but cheaper)

So i have 3 sachets of food a day (has daily vitamins and minerls so wont crave for chocci nd carbs) and top this up with boiled eggs, maybe some ham and if im feeling peckish some plain grilled bacon :lol: i may have a yogurt or fruit also.

With fatigue levels it is important to eat regularly.

You might want to have a browse on the weight board as lots of info and advice posted

Im takin each day as it comes and not pressurising myself but do have a goal

My goal is for May when i see the Rhumtologist. My CRP levels are very high (have been for long time) and he wants to test my joints BUT CRP can also be elevated by obesity :-? so need to loose the weight to see if the fat or the joint mainly causing the inflammation/high CRP

Iv been wanting to loose weight always and this has given me a goal to achieve but will see how i go as very hard when your mobility is limited.

I have one small walk a day with my dog to help

Good luck! :goodluck2:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby millymoodoo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:19 am

Hey whoami

That sounds good and would you believe it my parents bought me a steamer for Christmas (mmmmm do you think they were trying to tell me something lol) No seriously I only ever use my steamer for cooking and my old one has seen better days so I was pleased with the new one. I will try anything even if I only lose a stone I will be happy.

Hey Lisa

I have heard of the Cambridge diet but not the exante diet!! It sounds good as you get to eat solid food aswell I will google it as I do worry about getting all the vitamins I need, though whoami diet also caters for this. I don't like boiled eggs but I could live on fruit.

Good look both of you and thank you for the tips!!

Julie :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:32 am

Yes mily. I did the carb free diet and at the time I was working so I lost 3stone.
But as I say I was working in an army camp and was very busy.
I'm over weight now but half of me says sod it I got so much going on I don't need the worry of that to,
Then the other half says Vic your fat do something now.my downfall is chocolate ,
And when I'm on my periods I can't leave it alone.
So yes it does work but u need to workout to.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:47 pm

Am I right in thinking that you've mentioned having diabetes as well Milly?? If so, then this might be helpful.

Sorry if If I've got diabetes and you mixed up with someone else :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Linky might be worth a bit of a looky tho for a few suggestions and/or a bit of inspiration.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby latmaz » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm

Carb free is nigh on impossible so i assume most of the diets are lowcarb. i lost 8.5stone on lowcarb diet (atkins) and pretty much kept it off until the last 2 years when menopause hit and my dad died and went mad (still am??) luckily i lowcarbed on and off between the madness so i think, as i am too scared to weigh, i gained about 1.5ston back. i just started back on it and am hoping to get at least a stone off in the next couple months

i find it really easy to follow and the fact i can eat cheese, meats, lots of salad and veggies makes this diet the only one i could realistically follow as i feel too deprived on other diets.

if u want more info let me know . good luck with whatever diet u decide on
latmaz
UKFM Member

Postby karenc » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:20 am

Hi
Can I just ask a question about low carb?

How does it affect ibs?

Thanks x
karenc
UKFM Member

Postby Acei » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:36 am

I'm following the strict version of this plan for the last week. Not easy, but hopefully it gets easier. I need to get my weight down as I'm now 19st. The heaviest I've ever been.

Acei
UKFM Member

Postby latmaz » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:20 am

karenc i found my IBS vastly improved my IBS and i rarely suffer it now like i used to

acei i used to be 19stone and managed it so i am sure you can. good luck
latmaz
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:29 pm

Hi Milly hows the diet going?

Iv now been on mine for just over 3 weeks and so far lost just over a stone :-D :-D :-D :-D

Mind you i am very overweight and knew the first stone would shift early on its now trying to stay on the diet and shift many more which i know will take longer.

Im not bloated and feeling sick and sluggish and wake earlier with less of a foggy head.

I just hope i can carry on! i am still positive and even sat in mc donalds today with mum having a diet coke and never touched one burger :lol: :lol: :lol:

We can only try and do our best and just take each day as it come :grouphug:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby caterpillar » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:28 pm

Hi I know this thread is over a month old but just wondered how everyone was doing on their diets?? I started Cambridge 2 weeks ago and I feel great! Lost almost half a stone in the first week, and although I have the FMS aches and pains, mentally I feel a lot brighter. I'm also sleeping better. And my ibs is improving loads.
I'm doing the SS+ step, so it's 3 Cambridge packs a day plus a 200 calorie meal. They wanted me to start on higher calories due to fibro but I refused and I'm glad! Next weigh in tomorrow.
I don't find it expensive because it's costing me between £40-50 a week, whereas I was buying lunches, hot chocolates, dinners out, takeaways etc as well as the weekly shop so I am definitely spending less than I was on 'normal' food!
caterpillar
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi, Im still doing the exante diet which is simular to cambridge but cheaper and you buy yout sachets online and dont have a consultant.

Im 8weeks in. I have 3 meal replacements and 400cal meal which is 1,000 cal a day. I dare not go under due to fatigue levels. I find this works well for me.

I have being doing this now for 8weeks and so far lost 32 lbs :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My fatigue levels have got much better, the costochrondritis (rib pain) has got alot better and my heartburn/reflux is no more and no bloating. Pain levels still the same tho :roll:

Good luck :mrgreen:
*Lisa*

Return to Weight Issues