Wake up call addicted to pop

Discuss issues with weight and any diet tips that might help.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Wake up call addicted to pop

Postby Colegg » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:12 am

Went to see a dietitian today with my carer as she comes everywhere and getting on the scales it's a wonder I never had a heart attack or I haven't already had one I know it's going to be hard and it's even harder to loose weight with some of the medication I take but I am seriously going to try and cut out the unnecessary rubbish I eat and drink
My biggest problem is the amount of coke I drink I have it as it makes me feel alive and awake when you need to be no excuse I know but it is also very I have managed to get off the stuff before I can do it again but it's hard does anyone else drink coke or similar to help them if I don't get off the stuff or watch the amount of rubbish I eat I am going to have a heart attack or stroke I suffer with so many problems it's time to sort the eating and drinking of coke out and then maybe even if it improves 1 of my health problems I will be happy
Colegg
UKFM Member

Re: Wake up call addicted to pop

Postby whoami » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:43 pm

Hi! Let me tell you a story about my hubby and his dad!

I have known my hubby for over 25 years. All the time I have known him he has enjoyed his coke. He carries a bottle with him at all times, almost like a security blanket. He can drink it ice cold or very warm, even if it has sat in the heat in a car in summer. My hubby used to drink about 7 litres a day.

A little over a year ago I had him go to the Dr, you know how men can be, there is nothing wrong. I knew exactly what was. He showed every symptom . Anyway, testa came back...high cholesterol, very high blood pressure and yes, diabetes. He also smokes a pack a day. The day he left the Dr's he stopped the coke and smokes. It was hell for 4 weeks. Severe headaches from the caffeine withdrawal and of course he was without smokes.

Surprisingly, he had no more mood swings than normal, he is bipolar. Only the headaches. He lost 25lbs in a month.

He was completely off it for well over 6 months until our daughter split from her hubby. The stress got him started again.

My hubby's dad was the same way, all same illnesses only he had MS as well. His Dr's let him have all the coke and choc he wanted. They said since he was in a home and had no other pleasures they could adjust his insulin. ???????

Anyway, I know it is more than hard to get off the pop, coke, but you have to try. You may need help from a Dr in doing so. To think that when coke was first made it apparently had cocaine in it, hence the name. Hubby found alternating pop with water every other time he needed some helped him.

Good luck!
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Re: Wake up call addicted to pop

Postby Colegg » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:56 pm

Thanks I am going to give it a go I have done it before I can do it again x
Colegg
UKFM Member

Return to Weight Issues