[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Gaining Weight

Gaining Weight

Discuss issues with weight and any diet tips that might help.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Gaining Weight

Postby Cfldjamie » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:30 pm

Suggestions please...
After four years of limited activity due to Fibromyalgia and also having an under active Thyroid, my weight is ballooning.
At 5ft 4inches height and with a current weight of 13stone, I am now officially obese.
My Doctors aren't much help or in the least bit supportive.

I need a diet that is easy(ish) and minimal exercise.

Did try the sacred heart diet when at work five years ago and lost a stone in a week. But more recently tried the same diet and lost not one ounce.

Advice much appreciated!!
Cfldjamie
UKFM Member

Re: Gaining Weight

Postby denys » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:36 pm

I have split your post from the original as that was last used in 2013 and put into this board as it is more appropriate, hopefully you will get more answers now.

I seem to be suffering similarly to yourself and am at the end of my tether from trying to sort it out so I'm no help to you what so ever sorry
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Charmed » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:38 am

That made me smile, I am also 5'4" and 13st 5lbs, so I guess I'm obese too. I know why of course bad diet and not walking outdoors anymore. It really gets to me too, I've turned into a blob lol!

My best friend told me her secret the other day, "Don't look in the mirror naked" She said she doesn't look in the mirror until she's dressed (we are the same weight & height) So I tried it and I felt much better. Sounds silly I know, but it works.

She says we are both big gorgeous curvy women. We may not be size 10s, probably never will be, but we look pretty fine when dressed.

I hope that made you smile x
Charmed
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:04 am

I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby SchroedingersCat » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:38 am

A friend who is an FM sufferer is currently undergoing treatment/therapy for her weight problems, which stem from more than just the FM. One on the things they have asked her to do is keep a diary of everything she eats, when she eats it, and why. She is blogging the results and they have been interesting for her as she hadn't realised quite how much rubbish she was eating. They seem to be saying she first needs to know what she is actually doing, before they can work out how to help her stop putting on weight, perhaps that is something that would be useful for other people too? Diets don't work, lifestyle changes do, apparently.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:29 am

Lifestyle changes definately work :-D Has anyone watched Secret Eaters on telly? It's finished for now but has been on. People on there who are overweight who dont understand why. They eat lots of fruit and veg all the time etc etc. Then on camera they're grabbing a takeaway or chocolate bars from the shop on the way to work, adding lots of fattening dressing onto the salad etc. It was a big eye opener everytime. Very good programme :-D
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:01 am

Your GP could refer you to a dietician. They normaly see you at the surgery and talk about a diet plan then the surgery nurse can weigh you each week or two to see if your loosing weight.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby FibroEllie » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:59 pm

I too am putting weight on, 2 stone so far. I've mentioned it to my GP, they don't appear worried. But it's beginning to get to me. I've cut down as much as I can, swapped breakfast for a protein and fruit shake and I'm trying not to get as many carbs. I know exercise is the answer, but when I get home from work I'm just too tired and usually have loads of work to do. :(
FE
FibroEllie
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:58 am

I have been hit hard with the :-x weight stick of late. I look pregnant as i have no connecting muscle tissue around my midiff and stomach, so any weight gained goes straight there and seen clearly. I had banned scales from my home as i have teen daughters and didn't want them to get fixated on their bodies and i sure didn't want to the one legged wobbled on the scales myself.

My eldest (18) has gone up about 3 dress sizes in the past year and was convinced that she was the size of an elephant. C has very broad shoulders (courtsey) of her father so she doesn't look totally out of proportation. Because she was so upset, i let her get scales and look about to loose a bit of weight. Thank heavens she was about 2/3 stone lighter than she thought she was (i had said but you know that our kids won't believe us). so shes now measuring her intake and actually its me mostly that is checking out calories for her. The flip side is that i agreed to eat as she is going thru this life style change it was a fair deal.

My diet normally consists of 2 pieces of toast for breakfast, loads and loads of coffee, about 4/7 packs of polo's a day (i kid you not) but more than likely no tea/evening meal. Because i sit/lie down i have been conscious of my body and put my body into starvation mode. I weighed myself and found that i was the same as i was full term with 18yr old. Most people would say that that weight for a 5" slight woman is ok as it is in the over weight column (just over). But to me a i feel like a blimp. There father actually asked me if i was indeed pregnant, i just laughed it off as best as i can. *she says quietly 9" 7lbs*

just ran out of steam and where the kack i was going with this. Maybe members can be champions/buddies for healthy eating and thinking of ways to loose those extra pounds? What do you all think?

:blowkiss: all round
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Return to Weight Issues