[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Capsiplex...Weight Loss, Anyone Tried?

Capsiplex...Weight Loss, Anyone Tried?

Discuss issues with weight and any diet tips that might help.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Capsiplex...Weight Loss, Anyone Tried?

Postby TNK* » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:44 am

I am at my heaviest for years, and really disheartened, last time i was at my ideal weight was about 7 years ago, I was using Reductil which i found really effective, but that lost its UK registration and its no longer on prescription.

I have heard and read a lot about Capsiplex, i have researched it quite intensively, (its the lifelong student midwife in me, got me into habits of researching everything) and honestly it seems really good, been to see my GP this morning for a meds review and mentioned it to her, and doe she think it will be ok for me to use alongside my other meds.....she had heard of this before and quite a few of her other patients who were previously on Reductil are now taking this and keeping us the great results of weight loss.
Also apparently as it is an all natural product there is rumours that it may end up NHS prescribed, but a lot more research is needed first!

So I have bitten the bullet this morning and popped into our local Holland & Barratt and got myself a box....its 1 a day and ive got enough for a month.....so please keep your fingers crossed for me.

If anyone is interested I will post updates xx
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Re: Capsiplex...Weight Loss, Anyone Tried?

Postby dazzleship » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:49 am

I had a quick look on the Holland and Barrett website and after seeing the price I see how it helps you lose weight - you can't afford to buy any food after buying that :lol:

Seriously though, good luck with your weight loss. I too want to lose some weight but I'm very wary of tablets that do this as I've heard so many bad stories about them.

But I hope this works for you. :hugs:
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:11 am

Are you willing to take them for the rest of your life??? Serious question. If they work now (which cannot be healthy) then you stop them, you will gain it all back. Trust me. Diet pills and diets do not work in the long term unless you're going to be sticking to it for the rest of your life. You need to change how you eat and move a bit more if you can. If you struggle to move then look at your portion sizes and what you're eating. That's the best way to lose weight and keep it off x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:51 am

Yes I am willing to take them for as long as it takes!!

I also know the best way how to lose weight....I'm not stupid....but when you have tried all options you then try alternatives....I if I don't do something drastic now then I won't have a very long rest of life left....I lost my mum when she was 36 from heart disease and her 2 brothers of the same some yrs later.
My diet is really healthy (small portion, little and often, lots of fresh food, I have never fried anything, always get my 5 a day) and slowly the weight creeps up and up...I exercise when I can...usually swim 1 mile 3 times a week! My gp sent me to a dietitian to see if the could sort anything out of the ordinary and he discharged me after the first week as there was nothing I could have done different.

I feel a bit patronised now to be honest....as my post was asking if anyone had tried it...not a lecture on how to lose weight!
I won't be back for a few days now...need time to calm down

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:20 am

My post wasnt intended to put you down. I think too many people try to find the easy option. Weightloss isnt a quick fix. So if you start eating healthily dont expect to lose weight straight away. Its a long term goal and maintaining that weightloss isnt easy. I had a cousin use diet pills and she wasn't overweight. They took her life at 20 yrs old. To be honest they scare the h*ll out of me :(
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:24 am

I don't think it's a quick fix and I already eat healthy! I'm not abusing them I take 1 a day...my mental health is perfectly capable of coping with this...I'm not bulimic or anorexic. ...I'm just need to get weight off the best way I can after exhausting as many other options as I can!

You may not have intended to be insulting but you were....your post implied I was a stupid person who hadn't thought it through

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:13 am

Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:25 am

I think it's only natural to want to try anything that will help. I completely sympathise with you TNK because you sound a lot like me - I don't eat very much, in all honesty - and I don't like fried foods, etc. but still I am overweight and like you it has slowly crept up over the years.

I'm currently trying to do something about it by eating less calories, but in all honesty if you would look at what I eat on a daily/weekly basis you'd probably say "how can you eat less than that". so it's damn hard for people like us.

I sometimes wonder though whether we are as unhealthy as people would have us believe. there is so much in the media about being overweight/obese and the medical problems it will cause. I can possibly understand if the person's diet is full of fried meats and take out meals etc. but if we are eating reasonably healthy, why are we more at risk of anything than a thin person who eats healthily?

this isn't me trying to 'excuse' my weight but I honestly don't believe that 'just' being overweight is what causes problems. that is to say, I don't think every overweight person will automatically get certain diseases.

but anyway I wish you all the best whatever you do. :hugs:
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:06 pm

Wasn't having a tough day I was in quite a positive mood!

Maybe you should re read your first post to me and look at it from a strangers point of view if they were saying it to you....you might realise how patronising you came across

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:09 pm

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:53 pm

TNK....I will not say I sympathize you because you are not looking for sympathy, You are looking for help in your quest to lose weight. I can relate to you. I seem to. Be stuck at the weight I am. I could drop 20 lbs.

The only times my weight drops is if I am ill, something other than the normal. 25lbs with cancer, 30 with a stroke, you get it!. It always came back.

We eat all fresh, no cans or boxes in this house. Cook with the right oils and only eat sweets and baking at Christmas. We use 1lb of sugar a year, LOL. It makes no difference though. I try to walk daily.

I have talked to Dr's about how I can do this and have mentioned "supplememts". They have said what you already know. They work while you take them.

I am going to assume you have had any tests done that may find a reason for your not being able to drop the weight, thyroid etc.

I joined tops and weight watchers. I lost 2lbs in 8 months on tops but that was water and I gained 10 with weight watchers. I was eating more on their recommendation than I ever ate before. All I can suggest is , unless your Dr finds reason not to, then you do what you feel is necessary for you.

Good luck with your journey. X
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Graciebaby » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:34 pm

I would like to hear more about Capsiflex. I've never heard of it.
It would be interesting to hear other folks experience with it, such as things like particular side effects (if any)
My weight is increasing and I'm pretty fed up with it. I don't wish to argue the point regarding weight loss pills etc versus a healthy diet........I'm pretty well informed about that :-) ....I would just like to know more about Capsiflex :-)

Hope it works for you TNK*, best of luck with it.

G. x
Graciebaby
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:41 pm

I havent tried it but am struggling with my weight and now am looking at alternatives as well, so all I will say is :goodluck1: I hope it works for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby zappa20 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:42 am

Tend to agree with Theresa on this. I'm a type 1 diabetic, pushing 60 years of age and I'm not much heavier than I was when I got married. Back then I was a size 10/12, now I'm between a 12/14 .

If your activity levels decline and you don't reduce portion size then weight will follow. We also all tend to put on weight with age, particularly once in your mid forties and find it harder to lose as well. Because of very restricted activity due to extremely poor blood supply to my legs and arms, I've had to reduce my food intake and insulin accordingly as I had put on a couple of pounds, and didn't want it to continue. It's much easier to lose a few pounds than a lot of pounds, so my clothes fitting is my guide. If they begin to feel uncomfortable then my intake is looked at then, not once they don't fit me. Because of my circulation it's really important I don't put on excess weight.

I do wonder if those on anti depressant types of painkiller medications possibly put on weight due to their side effects, I read some of them slow your metabolism, so although you're not eating a lot, or any more you need considerably less calories on them than before.

They also say that lack of sleep which is a problem for Fibro sufferers, tend to cause weight gain, albeit not sure how relevant that is as they say it's because being sleep deprived causes you to subconsciously eat more and also seek comfort type food.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:59 am

But I don't eat more my portion sizes of healthy food is fine. ...does no one read other posts. .. plus I didn't ask for weight loss advice I asked if anyone has tried capsiplex. ...I'm 43 yrs old and have all the healthy eating and exercise advice I can stomach

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Weight Issues