Battles

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Battles

Postby JoJoLee » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:17 am

sat in bed, pain flooding all over and this came out of the blue into my head ......

Grinding, there is no other word to describe the fixed, stone like pain that dominates me. A rusted, locked neck, a burning frozen back, and all the while awareness that it is creeping ever onward holding my body prisoner. I am still, each movement a risk, a taunt to the creature that has taken my synapses, and hard wired them to its own end. It knows the moment to heat and grate each bone against muscle. It knows the deep hidden sinews which stretch and strain against immobility and pain. I am a screaming child in a cavernous blackness that creeps and waits, that pounces and finds its prey with ease.

Can I fight this? Each pill is a myriad of colour. They are manufactured dust, which temporarily fools the torturer. A cloak that muffles and soothes for a moment in time, till the inquisitor emerges, triumphant. Heat, return fire with fire, but even this is a brief respite.
A pulsing machine – tight pulses vibrate along each nerve and synapse, yet it is a distraction. It is a side show of another making, a false orchestra of tonal tides. The cause confused, but the body aware of every movement and shift.
No, it is always the winner. He waits, patient, lurking and intent on his new campaign. A brief pause in the battle, as I relish normality, and then … it begins again! New tactics and sensations, a fresh battleground wrought of his imagination. The campaign as fresh and accurate as before.

This is my existence – a brooding anticipation of the pain, an almost detached resignation. At times, the field is quiet, the players resting, and I can be – I can move and use the moments to live. But it is always there – always ready to sabotage, impede and slay. No tears come, no panic presides. This is a foe I know, a challenger I can predict – a constant presence that somehow I have accepted along the way. We know each other, and we fight the fight from day to day, hour to hour. I am not sad or defeated, just introspective and aware. Aware that the battle rages on, aware that immobility is dangerous and that movement must come. In whatever form the beast takes, I can find a shield, a sword and axe. I can make it falter, pause and regroup. I can seize the moments when calmness settles on the battlefield and the sweet salve of relief floods – for now.
JoJoLee
UKFM Member

Re: Battles

Postby denys » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:09 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: really good :welldone: :welldone:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: Battles

Postby nutty1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:17 pm

very good well written :clap: :clap:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Return to Your writings, poems etc.