[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - ME

ME

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ME

Postby pol20 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:32 am

Look at me, what do u see?
A picture of health? You dont see ME
you dont see the pain inside that i feel,
Its all in my head? I assure you its real
Im boring you say because i no longer go out
Do you realise fatigue just knocks me right out?
Im not being lazy or lacking in fun
My legs barely walk so how can i run?
My neck sometimes struggles to carry my head
As the pain makes my body feel something like lead
You roll your eyes when you see with pain i do wince
My explanations still dont convince
My lack of memory is not me being 'dizzy'
Its my illness which makes my brain just too busy
Its not entertainment when i drop things or stumble
Please understand my body's a 'jumble'
Fibro has picked my body to reside
And hides deep, hidden from outside
All i want is for you to believe
And think about this as you turn to leave
I ask you again what do you see?
With a little more effort you WILL see ME
pol20
UKFM Member

Re: ME

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:21 am

Well done , think this just about sums it all up
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

ME

Postby pol20 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:42 am

thank you iceskatemum I couldn't sleep last night so gave myself something to do lol x
pol20
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:21 pm

Must have been catching :lol: as I had about 2 hrs ...am now shattered but No2 son needs a lift in about 30mins so can't even catch some :sleep:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby maxtomads » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:21 pm

Brillint pol - really captures how we feel :smile:

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:54 pm

Lovely poem pol :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

ME

Postby pol20 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:03 pm

thanku all :-) means alot to me and made me go goosey reading ur comments lol .... try grab some rest iceskatemum, I know it's easier said than done but try hunni xx
pol20
UKFM Member

Postby disco dancing kar » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:05 pm

fantastic poem sums me up it a tee just wish some people really knew. karen.
disco dancing kar
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:28 pm

:welldone: :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby penfriend » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:52 pm

dear pol,. I thought at first that you had written about M.E. (Myalgia Encephalomyelitis) which I also have the joy of possessing, but it was an excellent poem, truly saying it as it is and most of us can identify with it all. Love penfriend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:45 pm

:woot: :woot: :woot: Brilliantly written pol :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

ME

Postby pol20 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:14 pm

I know exactly what you mean Karen, it's the ignorance of others which make us feel alone and somewhat fake, hallelujah for this forum, it is now my left arm :-) x
pol20
UKFM Member

ME

Postby pol20 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:23 pm

penfriend I have just googled Myalgia Encephalomyelitis as I had not heard of it, and saw how much the symptoms matched. I'm glad you liked the poem and I think it helps when you know others are 'with you' on this x love pol x
pol20
UKFM Member

ME

Postby MsBabylove11 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:58 pm

This made me cry actually! I feel this way all the time! Thanks for posting. Cxx
MsBabylove11
UKFM Member

Return to Your writings, poems etc.