I'm sorry

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I'm sorry

Postby SusanS » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:14 pm

I'm sorry for all the times I've forgotten a conversation. Sorry that I can't move as quickly as you. Sorry you have to repeat the same things to me over and over again. Sorry that I'm always exhausted and want to sleep all the time. I'm sorry that I appear to have lost the ability to have a logical thought. I'm sorry that I let you down that time...and the other time...and all the other times. I'm sorry I'm not the person I used to be, and therefore fail to meet your expectations.

But most of all, I'm sorry that this invisible illness has caused so much pain, misery, grief, loss, stress, anxiety, depression etc to so many. However frustrating our 'issues' are to you, trust me, we are more frustrated with ourselves. We hate this as much, if not more than you do. We do none of the things that annoy you on purpose. We have no expectation that you will understand what we're going through but a modicum of empathy would be greatly appreciated. Just a little.

To the millions of people who fight the fight every day against invisible illness, stay strong, keep on keeping on and keep your head to the sky x
SusanS
UKFM Member

Re: I'm sorry

Postby LauraInWonderland14 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:53 pm

So beautiful hunni, its expressed everything so perfectly. Your very eloquent and even on a bad day wrote something profound and articulate. Your wonderful. This illness is terrible but finally I've learnt to have goals again albeight at a snails pace but I feel happy I am finally taking small steps to reclaim some part of my life. Thank you for writing this. Stunning. much love & support x
Your fighting this horrible illness,this awful system.
You've helped me so much & we've never even met.
Thank you & Stay strong.

Laura x
LauraInWonderland14
UKFM Member

Postby crochetkid » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:45 am

My goodness, you've just encapsulated exactly how i'm feeling right now about people's expectations, and how little they understand of how this illness affects us. Yes it must be so annoying for the people around me when I forget to lock the house up, burn dinner, etc but nowhere near as annoying/frustrating/upsetting as it is to us. Anybody would be depressed, anxious and stressed with what we have to deal with. Thank you for writing this - I almost feel like printing out loads of copies and giving one to each person I come into contact with...including my frustrated GPs!

Thank you for managing to be so lucid when I can't find the right words to explain.

Lots of gentle hugs and keep warm xxx
crochetkid
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:17 pm

hi, you have captured what i think we all feel,

and people will be able to use this to help them explain things to others,

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby SusanS » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:23 pm

I've been on the brink of tears all week. Reading your responses and the knowledge that my ramblings resonates with you have pushed me over the edge. They're happy tears; tears of gratitude for your understanding and support. Thank you.

Keep warm, soft hugs and much love

Sooze xx
SusanS
UKFM Member

Postby fatanne1 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:10 am

just read, and all I can say is totes amazing lol. im going to try and get my other half to read this later not that he will.. thank u thank u. xxx :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
fatanne1
UKFM Member

Postby Pepperty » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:03 pm

very eloquent, thanks for your post - its all the things I feel but can't say :blowkiss:
Pepperty
UKFM Member

Return to Your writings, poems etc.