WINTER

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

WINTER

Postby fionamalkin » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:09 pm

I am bored with the winter enough already!

I am tired of looking for the beauty in it, tired of white vistas undefined from the sky or disappearing into the mist towards the city. I am looking too hard for the mystery in the falling flakes and utterly sick of trudging through it, the sludge and slush the ice even the freshly fallen pure white snow. Bring on the year I want the summer! No matter that I can not run and jump as I used to or that I may lurch in parts through the months dragging my FMS, which is also such a bore. I want to sit in the sun like a lizard slowly soaking up the rays and feeling the heat right to my bones. I want to sit for hours while the spring and summer unfurl around me in a profusion of verdant growth.

Unfortunately I cannot make this happen, perhaps if I were able I might nudge forward the clock just a smidgen and hasten the arrival of all things warm. Seriously though I think not, time is moving too fast and patience they say comes with age. That is it then I am older and wiser and I must be patient.
fionamalkin
UKFM Member

Re: WINTER

Postby Pepperty » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:54 pm

I quite like Winter, bar the fact it plauges my Fibro :( I enjoy the filthy weather so I can spend all day in my pjs & dressing gown without family/visitors thinking I'm stange :lol: It gives me a valid excuse not to go out ...when secretly I cant as am too cold/tired/stiff ;-)

I shall remain hopeful that forthcoming summer will be good, though unfortuantely I cant go into yard and soak up the sun as I have an awful scummy neighbour with pack of dogs (who rarely cleans her yard) I'm almost grateful its winer so I dont have to suffer the smell of her dogs :-?
Pepperty
UKFM Member

Re: WINTER

Postby fionamalkin » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:21 pm

I must admit to having a few days recently when I have not actually ventured forth and have loved the luxuriousness of them, but I can feel myself growing restless.

I hope your "scummy neighbour" sorts out her yard ready for summer !
fionamalkin
UKFM Member

Return to Your writings, poems etc.