[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE

Postby fionamalkin » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:50 pm

Who do you think you are ……………………….. ?

I am Fiona Malkin and I walked passed St. Nicholas Mental Hospital often as a child, the endless tarmac path stretching before me pulling my feet to the ground and hanging on them, so every step was a challenge draining me of energy. I walked along the sand stone wall that reached above my head hiding everything on the other side. I walked passed the gaping windows though I did not see them then, as they gazed over the field that was the space between my world and theirs. Where life inside was all and life beyond the wall was a confused and distant thing.

I am Fiona Malkin and I walked in later years through the leafy Gosforth streets, where blossom snowed in the wind that blew behind other walls and down long driveways. The elderly gent tipped his hat to me each morning and I smiled through the window of Millburn’s Fish shop and was greeted with a nod and a wink. I never thought of Annie Gertrude.

I am Fiona Malkin and my grandmother reaches out to me pushing through fybro and myalgia, I have the pieces to a puzzle but I just can’t see them yet. I think I have found a connection it is the fybro thread. I am quite convinced my father suffered from this condition though he never knew, he battled for as long as I can remember against pain and the muss that fogged his brain, he struggled with his memory was unable at times to find his concentration. He seemed constantly tired and could never relax; he died suddenly two years ago. I was always so cross with him, there was so much I could never understand. Today when I remember him I see myself reflected in his stiffened gait and also in the fatigue that lurked behind his eyes.

So Annie Gertrude I wonder did it all start with you? Did you struggle in similar ways? With a husband in prison and a young family to care for, in a post war community clinging to Victorian values, did all become too much? I look upon my family through fibro filtered eyes and I see you blinking back at me. Thought disorder, ADHD, CFS, FMS, Aspergers syndrome, are we all in this together and is it hidden in our genes?

I have so many questions and I am looking for so many answers, I did not believe my doctor when he said I would not get better, I still don’t believe him, how can he know when there is still so much we do not understand?

I am Fiona Malkin and the lights in my life are stronger than the pain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu-3qrEdV7E Fybromyalgia lecture 2010
Last edited by fionamalkin on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fionamalkin
UKFM Member

Re: WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE

Postby moomoos » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:20 pm

I like very much what you have written here.

I followed your link and OMG that bloke is amazing, makes me understand more now what is going on with me, obviously only to a certain extent as like he says the research continues, but more than what I have before watching his vids.

Thank you so much for sharing what you wrote and for that link. I'll be looking up Patrick Wood for more info via the net thats for sure. xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby fionamalkin » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:45 pm

I am so glad you found this a help I thought it was so encouraging and like you say some things started to make sense.
Keep smiling !
fionamalkin
UKFM Member

Postby Joshua Perk » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:26 pm

This makes me realize who really I am. Makes me more understand me better. Happy to hear you found it yourself too.

Just.

Live. Laugh. Love.
Joshua Perk
UKFM Newbie

Return to Your writings, poems etc.