Docs too busy!!

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Docs too busy!!

Postby pixiecat » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:36 pm

Hi

Rang the docs about 2pm to get an appointment, they run a telephone treage so I asked to speak to the 2 people I usually see
only to be told that they are mad busy and if its not an emergency to ring tomorrow :yikes:
good job it isnt but that means when I ring tomorrow I will have to sit on the phone for ages trying to get through, thats why
I left it till this afternoon so I didnt have to fight my way through everyone else trying to get an appointment
Dam doctors drive me mad, they are getting beyond themselves, I know when I ring tomorrow they will try to see me over the
phone when I want to go in or they will give me an appointment with the nurse which I dont want, the itch in my ears is enough to rip them off and they feel like i have sores in them and I feel half deaf in my right and keep getting told i am shouting, I am going to stop now cos if I keep thinking whats botherin me I will fill a whole page

thanks for letting me ramble :blowkiss:

Lorraine
pixiecat

Re: Docs too busy!!

Postby denys » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:05 pm

Hi Lorraine, try not to let it stress you out anymore, (easier said than done ) just be firm and dont let them push you around :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby pixiecat » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:50 pm

Hi

Thanks, to be honest I feel so foggy that although I managed to rant before its just gone over my head too this time
its thank goodness for the fibro fog!!

Lorraine
pixiecat

Postby denys » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:01 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:13 pm

:fingerscrossed: you get an app tomorrow. :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby pixiecat » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:13 pm

Thanks for the replys

youll never guess what happened on friday --- so foggy I only remembered about 7pm to ring :facepalm:
I even got my meds out put them by my cuppa spoke to hubby looked down to take them and they had vanished !!
I must have a med gremlin because for the life of me I cannot remember taking them, my hubby laughed at me, because
I was then picking up the place mats and other things on the table trying to find them. :crazy:
Oh well I will have to try to remember to remember to ring the docs on Monday :fingerscrossed:
Lorraine
pixiecat

Postby denys » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:03 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: for Monday :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby pixiecat » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:25 pm

Good news my fog lifted and I rang the docs after telling her my probs and just before she decided to diagnose over the phone I managed to say that I preferred to come see her and she agreed :woot:
After doing my best to explain my itchy ears and shortness of breath and expecting the usual oh its fibro take this get on with it, she
surprised my by sending me for blood test, for practically everything and an ecg and x-rays so I finally got listened to correctly, the spray for my ears seems to be working and blood tests are on their way.
And hubby finaly gave in to my moaning that I want a kitten (big kid really) and we have a 4 week old on reserve. :D

At last :wine: (couldnt find hooray smiley)

Lorraine
pixiecat

Postby denys » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:31 pm

Great news and here's oping you have a long loving life with your :cat2: :catrun1: it can be virtual friends with Shazq's two babies :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:57 pm

There's nothing wrong with being a big kid, hope you and your ickle pud tat have lots of fun together :cat1: How long have you been on at hubby to get the feline addition :?: :?: For me it took 12 years for him to realise (with constant pestering from me :D :D ) that we needed a poopie :dogrun1: Don't be surprised if hubby ends up being wrapped around a puddy paw :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad you got to see your GP and things are starting to get a little better for you :hugs: :goodluck2: with the blood tests :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:02 pm

Thats great news pixiecat :clap: :clap:
My 2 kitties :cat1: :cat2: :catrun1: have helped to lift my depression, they are a joy to have around, most of the time. :facepalm: :lol: when they are not chasing each other up my net curtains. :crazy: :crazy: :lol: :lol:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby pixiecat » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:54 am

I have been told that I do have asthma and need an inhaler to ease airways to be taken twice a day and one to carry
around for when needed.
also blood tests are saying my white count is low, :dunno: so now having to wait for that to sort out, but looking on the
internet it says if you take antihistamine it can cause this and I take them for hayfever :!: but will the docs listen NO
so I am a pin cusion again, :fingerscrossed: that its up this time.
Must say only used the inhaler 3 times but do feel better for it so that is good news all round.

Lorraine
pixiecat

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:12 pm

Sorry to hear it's definitely asthma Lorraine, hopefully you'll not need to use the inhaler that much :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: I know it's frustrating when the docs don't seem to be listening, but at least these latest tests will help them identify the reason for the low white count. If they didn't test for things, then you wouldn't get the right treatment for the cause. If the reason isn't clear from the results, try and shove the antihistamine possibility again :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:34 pm

Glad they finally listened to you even if it seems they have gone deaf again at the moment :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: things gets sorted out soon :wave: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services