Feeling disheartened after my GP appointment this morning

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Should I take the citalopram anyway?

Yes
40%
No
20%
Don't know
40%

Total votes : 10

Re: Feeling disheartened after my GP appointment this morning

Postby sherry » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:07 pm

They took me off it because i was having to take 2tabs when the pain was unbearable and i found out i would be at work and being at work and doubling my meds did not work. I would be very woosi and still in pain then they gave me naproxen 250mg and i had a nasty turn with them. My doc told me paracetamol although i asked for tramadol again. I am get all types of pain i call it travelling pain but my docs seem to make me feel that its all in my head :swear1:
sherry
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:22 pm

Is there another GP you can see who might be more helpful sherry??
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby estweyn » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:50 pm

My doc will not prescribe beyone amytriptiline and co codomol despite the fact he knows I cant take the amy because of terrible hang over symptoms and feeling completely drained the next day. I was so bad a few nights ago I was reaching for yet more co codomal and thought, no, stop, you are going into overdose situation. But what else can you do if the pain is bad. I didnt take them, but got no sleep at all until time was up for me to take them and then eased off a little. I dont think this complaint would be half as bad if the doctors would listen to us. Perhaps a dose of what we have for a month would give them a better attitude. I wish they would read some of the forums and hang their heads in shame for the way they treat people and make them feel. :swear1:
estweyn
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:15 pm

Have asked you GP why they are the only meds he will prescribe :? :? You should be able to try different things, esp if something doesn't help you :swear1: :swear1: There are FM pages on NHS Choices, including info about meds that are used to try and manage it. Maybe you could suggest that he has a look at what is on there?? If he still carries on like a dinosaur, it could be worth making an appt to see another GP at your surgery :dunno: :dunno: You could even ask if there is one who deals with FM/chronic pain problems, or has experience of treating them :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Previous

Return to Doctors & Health Services