Good new's well not really

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Good new's well not really

Postby Duffinamdi » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:54 pm

Hi everyone
I was back at the hospital today, last time being diagnose, I walk in feeling really crap, she said good news there is nothing else nasty, This was after having 16 blood tests last time. Just the extreally low Vitamin D (was 36).
she told me about a med she was going to give me, I asked her what it was she said Amitriptyline I told her I have been taking that for almost 2 years for my DDD, so then she said she would give me Pregabalin. she said she will refere me for CBT and said she didn't need to see me any more. I am so upset at the moment (wollowing in self pity :cry: )
Yes I know it is good there is nothing nasty but I still feel like crap, she said once my vitamin D become right I should feel a lot better, Oh god I hope so, sorry for moaning so much I see from others on here mine is not to bad, but in the last 2 weeks I have had to take time off work just felt to ill to go in, and only managed 2 of my 3 job for over a week now.

I am also worried about my job, I have e-mailed my union today to find out if Fibromyalgia is classed as a disability and if I am covered by the DDA.
Really sorry to go on I sure I will feel a bit better tomorrow just felt like it was well thats it your life is going to be crap and bye just get on with it :roll: :crazy:

Ann
Duffinamdi
UKFM Member

Re: Good new's well not really

Postby denys » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:23 pm

Hi Ann, unfortuantely this is so common and your reaction too, you will find ways to cope eventually but it takes time :fingerscrossed: the pregablin will start to help with your pains, I've been on it a while and find it does help take the edge off :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you'll feel that you can return to work soon but did I read that right that you have 3 jobs :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: if so :welldone: you I dont know how you've managed as long as you have :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Duffinamdi » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:31 pm

denys wrote:Hi Ann, unfortuantely this is so common and your reaction too, you will find ways to cope eventually but it takes time :fingerscrossed: the pregablin will start to help with your pains, I've been on it a while and find it does help take the edge off :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you'll feel that you can return to work soon but did I read that right that you have 3 jobs :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: if so :welldone: you I dont know how you've managed as long as you have :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

They are all part time jobs.
Teaching Assistant in an infant school 8.30am - 12pm
Meal supperviser 12pm - 1.15pm
Walk the kids to the afterschool club 3.20pm - 4pm about 20- 30 min walk this is the one I am really struggling with :(
Duffinamdi
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:37 pm

Sorry to hear how you're feeling Ann, as denys has said, it's pretty normal after to feel like you are after being told you have FM :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hope the pregabalin makes a difference to you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: It's not something I've tried yet.

I think you're doing amazingly well with doing 3 jobs :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: Hopefully it won't be too long before you feel able to go back to all of them :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: Do you meet yourself coming backwards every day :lol: :lol: :lol:

FM is covered under the Equalities Act 2010, which replaced the DDA. I'm not exactly sure how it covers you, but your union rep should be able to tell you about it :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:42 pm

Really :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: thats a lot to fit in and all on your feet with kids as Flup has said :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you manage to get back to them all soon :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Duffinamdi » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:47 pm

Thanks for your replys at least I know everyone feels the same
Duffinamdi
UKFM Member

Postby Duffinamdi » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:01 pm

Duffinamdi wrote:I am also worried about my job, I have e-mailed my union today to find out if Fibromyalgia is classed as a disability and if I am covered by the DDA.
Really sorry to go on I sure I will feel a bit better tomorrow just felt like it was well thats it your life is going to be crap and bye just get on with it :roll: :crazy:

Ann

Hi Everyone

I have just heard back from Unison, they said I am covered by the DDA, they contacted ocup health dept and they said I would be covered by DDA, which is strange as someone on here said it is not DDA any more still what else can you expect from the council :dunno:
Still it has put my mind at rest, hopefully not too many sick day :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Ann :)
Duffinamdi
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:06 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: good to hear some nice news Ann :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:20 pm

The DDA was replaced by the Equalities Act last year, but it still covers you in the same way as the DDA did.

Glad the news about work has helped put your mind at rest :clap: :clap: :clap:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ciderpig122 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:33 am

the equality act and DDA basically cover you and make sure that your employer makes 'reasonable adjustments' for you as you are disabled IE if you needed a special chair to sit in (like i have a bad back and sit in an office 9 hrs a day 5 days a week) and if you need to change your shifts or have more 5 min breaks as your more tired,

It just means they cant make life difficult for you or they would be bullying you

I am in the process of taking action against my employer, maybe to court as they have refused to help me and ACAS are speaking to them currently

ACAS are a free organisation and will give you advice :)
Fibromyalgia, Elher Danlos Type Hypermobile, OCD, Asthma, PTSD.
Im not ill, I am just special :D
ciderpig122
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services