Referred to Neurologist..

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Referred to Neurologist..

Postby holmess » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi :wave:
Just thought I'd let you know, after 6 weeks off work and several visits to the GP she has now referred me to a Neurologist... this feels like a major breakthrough :D
I've been having really painful pins and needles in my hands and feet, face pain, plus loss of muscle strength in my left leg...I've had these symptoms for quite a while but they seem to have really progressed over the last few weeks. She says she has requested an emergency appointment so here's hoping :fingerscrossed: . I've taken the advice I've seen in other posts and will be writing everything down, it's amazing how much you forget when faced with questions... at least I know it's not just me that goes ga-ga :crazy: when trying to recall events :lol: :lol:
It's taken me ages to type this..have keep going back and checking for typo's (and there were a few)..

Take care all
holmess
UKFM Member

Re: Referred to Neurologist..

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:56 pm

Glad you've been referred, hope you're not waiting too long for the appt :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

You're doing the best thing writing stuff down. When you get your appt, if it's possible, have someone go with you. Not just for moral support, an extra pair of ears might help with remembering things that are discussed.

Don't worry about typos on here, we all seem to make them, but still seem to understand/know what we're saying to each other :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:02 pm

:goodluck1: with your neuro appt. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:26 pm

jot all your questions down so you don't forget to ask anything :yikes: :fingerscrossed:
your appointment comes through soon :flowers:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby holmess » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:03 pm

Thanks all for the words of support!!! It really is good to talk to you guys :blowkiss: Hubby is coming with me so hopefuly between us we can get all the Q & A's in ...
holmess
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:25 am

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck1: with your appointment :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby ouchisme » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:10 am

:goodluck1: hope all goes well for :blowkiss:
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services