clonazepam

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

clonazepam

Postby guesstimation » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:42 pm

Last year I saw Professor Davies twice privately he diagnosed Myofascial Pain Syndrome and ME he gave me trigger point injections and Clonazepam as a muscle relaxant which would also aid sleep and acupan. I didn't get on with the acupan made me feel ill.

Any way after 2 weeks of this treatment I really started to feel better and I was able to work full time by beginning of 2011. I finally got an NHS appointment with a psychatrist who advised I should not be allowed Clonazepam as it is habit forming and made a couple of other suggestions I was started on Venlafaxine an anti depressent for chronic pain which the pharmacist did question and suggested I should also question this. I stopped taking it after 2 weeks as I was feeling quite well any way, that was in February and I have not been to bad since, minor set backs but managing. Unfortunately about 3 weeks ago I started to go downhill and I can feel myself on that spiral, I am aching all over, can't touch my shoulders, tired but not really sleeping etc. I am just about managing my job I've had odd days off but not managing much else out of work just going home and collapsing!

I went to my GP on Monday and despite me saying how much it helped and how I can feel myself going down and I'd like something to see if it would help he's refusing to give me clonazepam and offered no other assistance! I wrote to him after the appointment as I was so close to tears it is hard to battle, he's agreed to write to the psychiatrist asking if I can take it for just 4 weeks.

I can't afford to see Professor Davies again, I have also written to him telling him what my GP is doing and sending him the report the psychiatrist did and asked him for his opinion which I will pay for, should be cheaper than a visit! I will await the outcome of both these but then hope to push for an NHS referral to see him.

Has any one else had these problems with clonazepam?
guesstimation
UKFM Member

Re: clonazepam

Postby denys » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:56 pm

Sorry guesstimation never been prescribed this med and dont know much about it

but reading up it seems like it has problems with long term use http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clonazepam however if it works short term :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: clonazepam

Postby shazq » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:15 pm

HI
Have you another GP in your surgery who you could see? It makes a big difference to see an understanding GP.
If you have not got another gp i would go back to see this one again and explain that you are still feeling depressed and in pain and not coping.

I have been on Clonazepam before but cant remember why i came off them :facepalm: alot of meds used for fibro are only good short term but we end up on them long term :dunno: They can take up to 4 week to kick in. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services