Nuffield hospital in Oxford. Any one else been there?

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Nuffield hospital in Oxford. Any one else been there?

Postby JemmaB88 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:44 pm

Hi guys,

Well I booked my appointment this morning. I am going on the 8th August. I am just wondering if anyone else has seen the Rhumy dept there? I had an arthrogram done a while ago so I know how to get there etc. But I was wondering if anyone else had seen the docs there. I am just panicking for nothing I am sure. I guess I am just worried that I will be told its all in my head. I hope it isn't!

Cheers,
Jem
:wink:
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Re: Nuffield hospital in Oxford. Any one else been there?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:17 pm

I haven't been to the one in Oxford, but a few years ago I went to the one in Derby for a psychie-assessment. It was very clean and smart and the staff we spoke to were very polite, with a warmth to them. I saw a psychiatrist there and he did a lot to make sure I was as relaxed as possible, listened to everything I said, and most importantly, treated me as a person.

Hopefully when you go, you'll have a similar experience. As for it being in your head, a lot of us have had that said to us :tongueout: :tongueout: But with the number of people being dx'd there has to be something more than it being in all our heads :facepalm: :facepalm: The docs that have that approach to things tend to be older ones who seem too set in their fossilised ways to accept that there are other ways of thinking :swear1: :swear1: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you have a decent rheumy who listens properly :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Nuffield hospital in Oxford. Any one else been there?

Postby denys » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:10 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: for your appointment :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services