MRI

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: MRI

Postby loubie » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:21 am

good luck with your app :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:27 am

Good luck with your appointment... the neuro will put you through a few tests, nothing worrying or too painful, just testing your reactions etc they will then decide if you need an MRI or not. Take a list of all your symptoms and write down any questions you want to ask so you don't forget... and if you can take someone with you so they can help you remember what's said about it all, fibrofog hits at the most inconvenient times. xx
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby livermore » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:44 am

Thanks, very nervous now i dont know why i think its because i always think they are judging me and think im just making it up!! My best friend is taking me this time as my hubby is at work. What kind of tests do they do? ive written out an a4 piece of paper of what first happened and the symptoms im left with hope thats going to be ok!!

Michelle.x
livermore
UKFM Member

MRI

Postby Bobbi08 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:03 pm

Hi just wishing you good luck. Not sure on what tests they do, but another piece of advice is to list any family conditions, it helped my Rhuemy to put a full picture together so may help the neurologist xxx
Bobbi08
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:17 pm

Hi

I have had 6 MRI scans i have had so many because i am petrified of enclosed spaces and panicked each time they put me in. So they called me back at a later date and gave me sedation which was much better. The last 2 that i have had have been without sedation, my way of dealing with it was by tilting my head back so that i could see out and that worked for me, as other members have said closing your eyes and thinking of something nice is also a good tactic. But if you are in the scanner and you panic tell the operator and they will bring you out immediately they don't delay it. Good luck and i hope all goes well for you!!

Millymoodoo xx :)
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:51 pm

You've done the right thing with writing things down Michelle, and Bobbi's suggestion of including family conditions is a brilliant idea :clap: :clap: :clap:

For one of the ones I had, a cannula was used to feed a coloured liquid thru to highlight areas they were looking at, so that it would show up on the scans. And you should be given a button to press if you start to feel scared, unwell etc so the scan can be stopped and you taken out of the machine as swiftly as possible.

Glad you've got someone going with you, it always helps to have someone you know with you. Hope the results from the scan help come up with the best possible result for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby holmess » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:13 pm

Hi,
Hope all goes well for you on Tuesday :goodluck2: :goodluck2: , let us know how you get on.
I have an appointment on 19th Sept...my GP asked for an 'emergency' appointment in June, hate to think how long I would have to wait if it wasn't urgent :? :?

Take care ....
holmess
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:49 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: you'll be OK :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby livermore » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:02 pm

Thank you all for the advice, i will write down in my notes my family stuff.

I know that my doctor requested that i have an mri but not sure what they will do and that was a while ago now, guess thats why its worrying me a little kinda glad that im working in the morn or might end up getting myself in a state. Just hope they believe me and that i might get some answers im so desperate to start a family i could do with getting this sorted first.

Michelle. x
livermore
UKFM Member

Postby livermore » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:17 pm

HI,

I thought id just update you all on my appointmant today. I seem to have been very lucky as i have always got good doctors and today was fab he really listened and took loads of notes including keeping mine!! I had lots of phyiscal test which did leave me a little shattered but wasnt too painful or too much for me.

I seem to be fine to him but he wanted me to go for lots of tests and had a few theories as too what could be wrong, including the fact that as a baby i had meningitis and could have caused scarring on my brain which is effecting me now so today i have already had a ecg and got to go back next week for a 24hr ecg and then he wants an mri scan and then a brainwaves type scan not sure what this is?? If anyone knows please let me no.

Im glad that they are going to hopefully be able to get me some answers not sure what my boss is going to think with all the time off though!!

Michelle.x
livermore
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi Michelle
Sounds like you have a good doc there :clap: :clap: its good that he is doing lots of tests, wish they were all like that.

I have had a brain scan(MRI) done before but not sure what the brainwaves scan involves :dunno:

:goodluck1: with them, keep us updated. :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby livermore » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi guys,

got my appointment for my MRI yesterday and its this fri at 7pm which is good as no time off work but will b weird to go at night!! Bit nervous but very glad its hopefully going to give some answers. I found out the other brainwaves test is a EEG and can take a long time to do but isnt too bad so fingers crossed i get that through soon too as i really want to know whats going on with me before i get pregnant. Thanks to everyone who has replied about the MRI scan as it has eased my mind and although im nervous im not half as bad now i know what to expect!!

Michelle. x
livermore
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:20 pm

:goodluck2: :goodluck1: with both of them Michelle. Hope they can help with answers that you're looking for :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Previous

Return to Doctors & Health Services