hhmmmppp...it's ok ...no it's not !!!!!

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hhmmmppp...it's ok ...no it's not !!!!!

Postby mand » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:07 pm

Well i went to drs yesterday why oh why....... i was on diclofenac and paracetamol/codine prn, saw another gp for repeat script and she said.... :nono: oh you cannot be on diclofenac long term...it could give you a heart attack :shock: now take diclofenac as needed with omeprazole and paracetamol/codine x 2 up to 4 times a day.... i asked about my hands turning in during the night....oh thats normal your reverting back to the fetal position :dunno: hhmmm...why has this not bothered me before......i have a cunning plan :clap: , i will see evry gp in the surgery and weasle out which one is the best ..........well ithink the first gp is out of the league saying that long term diclofenac is ok with prn pain killers and the bottle of chardonnay to make me sleep at night

as usual forgot to tell them of muscle twitches and spasms plus new pain in shoulders and neck.........tell you what i will consult on here :facepalm: as your knowledge and expertise is better :clap: ........ all im trying to do is come to terms with fibro and live with it :swear1: is it too much to ask for :dunno: answers on a post card please :D
mand
UKFM Member

Re: hhmmmppp...it's ok ...no it's not !!!!!

Postby loubie » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:22 pm

post card to mand :wave: :wave:

that is the best thing to do, i did the same :wink:
we have about 8-10 gp's at our practice, and i found 2 that are good with me
only trouble is one is leaving :? but the one that is taking over was in the room when
i went the other day, she is a young doc so will :fingerscrossed: be all up on fibro

diclofenac can upset your tum, it did with mine and can be nasty so well done to that doc
for pointing that out to you :clap:

also have to agree with the hands turning in, you have not noticed before because you didn't have the pain
have you tried sleeping with wrist supports on to keep them straight

good luck with the nice GP hunt :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:35 pm

2nd postcard to mand.

Try writing down the things you want to discuss when you go for an appt and take it with you, it helps with remembering and if there's something a little :oops: :oops: you need to talk about, you can always pass it to your GP so they can see what it is and start things off as needed.

I think you're doing the right thing with the various drs at your surgery. You might find a really good one :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

I tried diclofenac and had a really bad time on it. Nothing I took with it stopped it upsetting me, so definitely 1 mark to the dr you saw for telling you about it :welldone: :welldone:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby mand » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:32 pm

OHH at the mo got bad tummy ache...more towards the top painful and it feels irritated :cry: and bloated, i had 1/2 hour lie down as i felt very jittery,plus pains in thighs :shock: shaky maybe due to not a lot of sleep...... if tummy pain is still present will go to docs again i dont know wether to carry on with the omeprazole 1 a day tablet....you dont know if your doing right or wrong, plus i dont like to pester them
mand
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:17 pm

Hi
omeprazole is for acid reflux, i am on them as well. If your tum does not settle then go back and see your GP.

I always write a list of my symptoms when i go to see my GP otherwise i forget as well. :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services