Pain Clinic

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pain Clinic

Postby Sonnie » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:16 pm

I have just been discharged from the rheumatologist at the local hospital after two appointments. I have still not been diagnosed with fm but from being told I have 'an element of fm' to 'likely fm' and my ami tabs have been doubled to 20mg. (Not high I know) I have now been referred to the pain clinic. :? They have sent me some forms to fill in prior to my appointment but to be honest the questions they ask make me feel like I have emotional or physcological probs ie how does your pain make you feel, what impact does it have on your family, how would you like to feel now. :crazy: I am currently having physio on a shoulder prob and I have about three other areas that give me major problems. At the end of the day I am someone with a lot of pain all over. Naturally I want to know what is causing the pain but I feel that I am just being passed onto the next person. I don't want to know how to deal my pain, I want to know what is causing it. Can someone please let me know what this pain clinic is all about :?: :dunno:
Sonnie
UKFM Newbie

Re: Pain Clinic

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:20 pm

There has been a recent thread running about pain clinics, I'll try to find the linky to it for you as there might be something useful on it for you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Pain Clinic

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:22 pm

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Doctors & Health Services