rheumy

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

rheumy

Postby Ninja » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:21 pm

Went to see the rheumy today and he confirmed I have fibromyalgia, and said I have hypermobility. I had 18 out of 18 tender points and now I feel really bruised from all the prodding :(
He was really good and has referred me to a fibromyalgia class for physio at wrightington. has anyone been there?
he said he couldn't give me anything for the pain and seemed to think that by reducing stress and excersising it would go away :/
glad to have a confirmed dx tho (:
Ranina
Life isn't about surviving the storm, it's learning how to dance in the rain
Ninja
UKFM Member

Re: rheumy

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:21 pm

:wave:

Wow a fibromyalgia class!! :clap: things are lookin up!! :mrgreen: i was just given a leaflet with a :wave: good to see they have classes, hope that helps you.

I dont know what the classes are about but i do know what NHS physio are all about!.. its normaly a few sessions in stretching exercises although i feel hands on is more effective as much as that.

Ninja wrote:he said he couldn't give me anything for the pain and seemed to think that by reducing stress and excersising it would go away :/
glad to have a confirmed dx tho (:
Ranina

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Go to your GP tell him of your appointement and that you have no pain relief and that fibro DOES NOT go away! :facepalm: yes exercising and reducing stress can reduce symptoms but it will not go completely so you are in your own rights allowed some pain relief...

:goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Doctors & Health Services